We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,078 Posts
    Well... I saw that I left a comma at the end of my form tab and grid column of migx and thought that would solve part of my issue.

I've implemented your suggestions, and when I click Add Item, the popup window is blank. No way to navigate to an image. I'm reviewing everything now to see what I may have overlooked.
      • 1,078 Posts
      MODx error log has this after I've just clicked on add item.

[2016-02-28 01:33:32] (ERROR @ /public_html/core/components/migx/model/migx/migx.class.php : 1532) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
        • 1,078 Posts
        I am calling migx from inside my chunk, on the line where the image URLs need to be inserted.

[[+tv.mgPhotos]]

But something doesn't seem correct with the way I am doing it. Aside from the obvious fact that it's not working yet. Ha!
          • 1,078 Posts
          I tried putting the chunk there, since it looks like you wrote it to put all the wraps. Still no luck.
          I am going to change [[+tv.mgPhotos]] to [[*mgPhotos]] and put it on the template, instead of inside my chunk, as see if at least then I am able to Add Items.
            • 1,078 Posts
            [[*mgPhotos]]
            Putting the TV loose on the template for my resource did not work. The popup window for MIGx is blank. No method to then click and go find an image to select.
              • 5,888 Posts
              Are you now talkin about manager-issues or about frontend-output-issues?
              Let's solve one by one.
                -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                • 1,078 Posts
                So far — no front end output from anything I have implemented.

Basically — will all pieces in place, when I then go to a resource, click TVs, scroll down to the MIGx TV and click on Add Item, a window where you would normally enter content, choose image etc, pops up but that pop up is blank.

The error I sent seems to trigger each time I click on Add Item.

• 1,078 Posts
                  I think this has less to do with MODx and more to do with 3 things.

1. My limited skill set.
                  2. I'm tired smiley
                  3. I may have this set up in an unorthodox way.

Here's my basic setup

Container (type = XML) (template = empty) (has a pdoResources call in the content field)
                  With Mulitple Child Resources (type=HTML. (template contains a chunk that contains my XML markup with placeholders for all of my other Template Variables

By early afternoon I had the basic part working. I populated the TVs in each resource. That container/XML doc renders perfectly.

So all is functioning great, except that I am stuck now with the image.
                    • 1,078 Posts
                    Does the name of my chunk matter? I found that in one of my other sites where I had migx set up, one chunk hat the suffix of .tpl

I started with tutorial a long time ago, that I believe that was how they person giving the tutorial named the file.

I think I will step back a bit, and just try to get a place old migx call on the template instead of in a chunk, and see if I can get it working to where I can Add Items.

Then come back to trying to get migx to output the result inside my chunk of XML code.
                      • 1,078 Posts
                      As I am doing this though. Is there perhaps a problem with that popup window? I see source code for columns.
                      I know with another one of my site, the columns of check box TVs stopped working a while ago with after of the new MODx updates. The only way I can check boxes in the second or third column is scale my monitor really small, and then they come into view on screen. Of course, then they are teeny tiny little boxes.