We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 833 Posts
    If you browse your databse using phpMyAdmin, what do you see in the class_key column of the artiiii resource?

And when you right-click the same resource in the manager, select Quick Update, what do you see in the Resource Type field (Settings)
      A MODx Fanatic
      • 109 Posts
      Quote from: treigh at Feb 21, 2016, 09:00 AM
      If you browse your databse using phpMyAdmin, what do you see in the class_key column of the artiiii resource?

And when you right-click the same resource in the manager, select Quick Update, what do you see in the Resource Type field (Settings)

Hello, I installed a new Modx ,and installed extras. And tried again, but same result.
      I see ArticlesContainer in class_key column
      and ..
      check screenshot, I dont see quick update option ..
      And please check the new id's .. because its new modx installation. Tried with this too but no luck.
      I know im doing something wrong, but I cant find.
      Please help
        My Proudly Powerd By Modx site - http://irresistiblemt.in smiley Its simple site but its made in best CMS.
        • 833 Posts
        Sorry, for option two, there was a typo in Step 1. Try this:
        // Step 1: Change the parent's class_key
        UPDATE `modx_site_content` SET `class_key` = replace(class_key, 'ArticlesContainer', 'CollectionContainer') WHERE id=17;
        // Step 2: Change the posts (child resources) class_key
        UPDATE `modx_site_content` SET `class_key` = replace(class_key, 'Article', 'modDocument') WHERE parent=17;
        // Step 3 => Clear Cache in the manager

Basically, you're changing the class_key of the artiii Articles container from ArticlesContainer to CollectionContainer. For your blog posts, you're changing the class_key from Article to modDocument
          A MODx Fanatic
          • 109 Posts
          I did it and this time no problem. But Its still showing in Articles container and Nothing on Quill id 3. And now Articles resource is looking messed. Check screen shots.

My Proudly Powerd By Modx site - http://irresistiblemt.in smiley Its simple site but its made in best CMS.
            • 833 Posts
            You need to set the parent column of the blog posts to Quill's container Id:
            // Step 1 => change the parent id
            UPDATE `modx_site_content` SET `parent` = replace(parent, 17, 3) WHERE parent=17;
            // Step 2 => Clear Cache in the manager

A MODx Fanatic
              • 109 Posts
              Now its here. Working. But im facing a new problem. All the posts are showing on in articles template.
              I am going to install a new modx and do this again, and this time, before importing my wordpress posts, im going to change the article's default template to Quill's Blog Post template. So when I move Articles to Quill, I will not face this.
              Or is there any other quick solution in your phpmyadmin trick ??
              • discuss.answer
                • 833 Posts
                You don't need to reinstall MODX. You update the template the same way the class_key was updated, except the field name changes:

// Step 1 => change the template of the blog posts
                UPDATE `modx_site_content` SET `template` = replace(template, your_articles_template_id, quill_template_id) WHERE parent=17;
                // Step 2 => Clear Cache in the manager

There's also an extra that can do this kind of things: Batcher
                  A MODx Fanatic
                  • 109 Posts
                  I changed id from 17 to 3 coz there is nothing in 17. Thanks a lot. I have few more questions, but I will start a new topic for that.
                  Thanks a lot sir.