We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I just did an update from 2.3.1 to 2.4.

I then got the error that the core folder is accessible to the public. Weeeee! I went to this page here and changed these things:

core/config/config.inc.php (change the $modx_core_path variable) (and $modx_processors_path, which wasn't listed in the directions)
    /config.core.php (at the site root)
    /connectors/config.core.php
    /manager/config.core.php
    The modx_workspaces database table - through PHPmyadmin

Now I can't see the Extras I have installed when I go to the Manager top menu and navigate to Extras->Installer. The page loads, but there isn't anything under the Name, Version, Installed, etc columns.

:)

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      I've had situations where the packages page took a very long time to load and sometimes had to be reloaded with ctrl-F5 or shift-f5.

If that's not it, try logging out, then deleting all files in the core/cache directory.

You may also need to clear your browser cache and cookies.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 81 Posts
        I've seen that happen before too when I need to wait or refresh the page to see the Extras listed. But that doesn't get them to show now.

I just did what you suggested with the core/cache, browser cache and cookies. No dice.

When I click "Clear Filter" the "Loading..." popup shows up and then never disappears and doesn't go to the next step. I've let it sit like that for several minutes just to see if it was going slow.

I can search for specific Extras in the search box. i.e. Quip, Rampart, etc. and then I can see it.

If I search for the letter 'a', it shows that there are 17 results. I can only see 10 because that's the default view. When I try to click next to see the next 7, it freezes again on "Loading..."

Why would I be able to see Extras I search for, but not the entire list? I am just not sure why just the Extras menu is doing funny things.
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm guessing here, but I think when you view the whole list, MODX goes to the repo to check for upgrades.

Another user had a similar problem where the provider was wrong for many packages. Provider is an integer field in the transport_packages table and references the ID in the transport_providers table. The user had to reset the ID of the one record in the providers table to match that of the provider field of all packages. Check all the packages to make sure they have the same provider ID - you may have to change one or more of them as well.

You might also try turning off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings.
            My MODX Extras
            • 81 Posts
            I tried both and nothing. I did clear cache and cookies too.

Not sure why I can see an Extra after searching for it but not a list of all of them.
              • 81 Posts
              What should the url be for the provider? I have: http://rest.modx.com/extras/

I tried downloading a new Extra just to see and it gets frozen on "Downloading..."
                • 81 Posts
                Would this be caused by the fact I'm still on PHP 5.2.17? I tried to change the PHP version to use on cpanel and then when I did, my site broke. The only page I could see correctly was mysite.com. Mysite.com/blog was very weird.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Yes, that's the correct URL. It's not the URL that's the issue, it's whether the number in the provider field of each extra matches the ID of the provider in the providers table.

Also, check the Providers tab in Package Manager. There should only be one and it should be set to http://rest.modx.com/extras/

If it is, the inability to download a new extra suggests that something else is going on. MODX 2.4 requires PHP 5.3.3 or higher, so that could well be the problem.

The fact that your site broke when you updated PHP suggests that you have a snippet or plugin that needs to be upgraded or disabled -- more likely a plugin. The Captcha plugin is a known problem for 2.4.0 (a fix should be out soon), so it should be disabled. You can disable plugins by right-clicking on them in the tree before doing the PHP upgrade. Since you had trouble, I would not upgrade PHP beyond 5.4.x for now.

My MODX Extras
                    • 295 Posts
                    before you upgraded did you ensure that all plugins were updated? if not this could be the issue...
                      • 81 Posts
                      Bob, Thank you for all the suggestions. I did check the id in both the databases and they matched.

I just reverted back to 2.3.1 and then I'll try the plugins and updating the Extras. Then updating to a better PHP and THEN trying 2.4. I'll keep you updated.