We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 144 Posts
    Hi,

I installed MxCalendar 1.10 on modx 2.3.5

After I corrected on different places in "system settings" the namespace from "mxcalendar.*" to "mxcalendars.use_richtext" I got tinyMCE to work.

However, I cannot add an image (or a custom link) to the tinyMCE editor.

When trying to add an image (or a link), it shows a weird Iframe of the whole modxbackend inside an Iframe.

can somebody point me in the right direction ?

greets [ed. note: sriananda last edited this post 8 years, 7 months ago.]
    • mxCalendar does not work / is not supported any longer. You would need to use MODX Revolution 2.2.12 or older for it to work properly (NOT recommended). I would recommend looking into https://github.com/matdave/GCCalendar2 instead, which should be further developed in the near future based on Slack discussions.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 144 Posts
        Quote from: AMDbuilder at Aug 18, 2015, 06:11 AM
        mxCalendar does not work / is not supported any longer. You would need to use MODX Revolution 2.2.12 or older for it to work properly (NOT recommended). I would recommend looking into https://github.com/matdave/GCCalendar2 instead, which should be further developed in the near future based on Slack discussions.

I am confused why I was able to install it then on Modx 2.3
        The developer of MXcalendar posted on Twitter "MXCalendar now compatible with TinyMCE"...

I only need & list of upcoming events, with (repeating) dates, Richtext and tags.

What can I do now ? Is there a solid Calendar module on Modx ?

Kind regards
        s.a.
          • 5,888 Posts
          didn't you play with migxCalendars?
          Didn't it work for that?
            -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
            • 144 Posts
            Quote from: Bruno17 at Aug 18, 2015, 07:54 AM
            Didn't it work for that?

yeah,
            MigxCalendars worked like a charm smiley

Now I am working on another website-project.
              • 144 Posts
              Quote from: sriananda at Aug 18, 2015, 09:41 AM

Now I am working on another website-project.

I am quite far at developing now with mxCalendar. The bizarre behavior is when I add an image with the TinyMCE filebrowser. Then it just shows an Iframe of the whole Modx-backend with formit open ??
                • 144 Posts
                Quote from: Bruno17 at Aug 18, 2015, 07:54 AM
                Didn't it work for that?

Hi,

I gave up on mxCalendars on ModX 2.3.5 : it's not working at all, lots of bug, no longer supported.

I will switch to MigX Calendars:

1) Can the "description field" work with TinyMCE and have correctly inputted images ?
                2) Is there a standard way to output just a clickable list of upcoming events, separated with the "months"-title ?

Please help me with this ... I am getting Drupal-like ModX-frustrations sad
                  • 5,888 Posts
                  yes, both is possible.
                  Can you tell more about the requirements of the upcoming list?

A list of all upcoming events, just seperated by month?
                  Only months, which have Events or all upcoming month for example the next 12 months?

Somehow paginated, if there a very much upcoming events?

Thanks!
                    • 144 Posts
                    Quote from: Bruno17 at Aug 21, 2015, 06:53 AM
                    yes, both is possible.
                    Can you tell more about the requirements of the upcoming list?

A list of all upcoming events, just seperated by month?
                    Only months, which have Events or all upcoming month for example the next 12 months?

Somehow paginated, if there a very much upcoming events?

--On the left column:
                    ---------------------
                    - list of all categories used in the event items. When "checked", the list is filtered on only that category.
                    (when there are multiple categories checked, those items are shown simultaneously)
                    - a list of all months, with can be checked to filter the events on the right column
                    -- 4 checkboxes:
                    -1) standard checked = "next 6 months" 2) "next 12 months" 2) "next year"

--On the right column:
                    ---------------------
                    - list of all events, separated by months
                    - the events are "summaries" which are inputted in the "summary field" <ith date and time. By clicking on the "title", its own detailpage (with unique url) opens with all infos (descripton field which can have images and links)
                    - the events have a standard "subscribe"-button, which can automatically shows a modal popup with a custom form made with "Formz". The particular form of "Formz" can be chosen by inputting the "ID" of the form. When "Formz" opens, 2 standard, non-changeable fields are already filled in (GET url) which has the event-title and the date filled in. The other fields have been made by the client with "Formz". Every item can have its own form. When the form is sent, the premade "thank you page" is shown as made in "Formz".
                    - let's say a maximum of 50 items is shown, with "pagination"

Can I give you access to the site to help me ? I buy you a good Belgian beer :p
                      • 5,888 Posts
                      yeah, if you can give me access, we will get it working, for sure.

Thanks!