We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 572 Posts
    Hi,

Just getting my head around this extra (which is proving to be excellent so far) and have a couple of questions...

- How do i change the default text size in the frontend (newsPublisher).
    I thought it might be a case of adding a path to my stylesheet
    content_css: 'assets/templates/new/stylesheets/layout.css',
    to the chunks TinymceWrapperNPcontent.
    But that doesn't have any effect although it has worked for the backend. (Also should i be duplicating and renaming these chunks?)

- I get an error when going to insert an image."Invalid backend response.
    Data is not JSON." (see attached screen shot). This does not happen with the sudo admin user so permissions issue perhaps? I saw an earlier post in this thread but the solution isn't clear. I have found the snippet elfinderConnector though so have done the following but to no effect...
    1. Duplicated the property set (although when i go back to the snippet it's the default that's displaying and not my copied property set?).
    2. Changed the fields in Location 1 (see attached).
    What am i missing?

- There's an awful lot of vertical white space in the content area of the backend and i wonder if i can reduce the vertical height of the content textarea?

Thanks for any help.
    [ed. note: 9thwave last edited this post 5 years, 8 months ago.]
      www.9thwave.co.uk
         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
      • 1,145 Posts
      @9thwave ... sorry for the troubles, I have rewritten this whole experience to make things even awesomer.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 1,145 Posts
        The mythical and long-awaited TinymceWrapper v3 is coming hot

What do you want to see?

1. A dedicated manager page where you can manage all your settings, psets and chunks? (no more headaches)
        2. lighter install?
        3. Content blocking? (dragging and dropping re-imagined)
        4. Pasting image from Clipboard into any editor, and then editing the image? (includes Ace and CodeMirror)
        5. Better names for settings?
        6. Make File Browsers independent extras?
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 47 Posts
          Definitely would like (in order of preference)
          1 - dedicated settings page
          3 - content blocking
          6 - file browsers independent (meaning I only install the one I want, yeah?)

Comments on the others
          2 - lighter install - I take it things are as small as they can be for the current functionality. Are you talking about customisable versions to remove the unused bits or what?

4 - Pasting images and editing - I historically find this causes more harm than good. If the images stop being files it makes it harder to do things to refine image use via plugins etc. I'd rather my clients had to deal with images as their own thing in the file-browser interface and than any image edits were saved-as to new files than the whole thing being handled within the textarea which (if I'm not mistaken) leads to them becoming inline blobs...?

5 - names should be suitably descriptive, but I'm not sure I've noticed them lacking thus far
            • 1,145 Posts
            * Make File Browsers independent extras?
            TW3 will drop all third party File Browsers from its core, and from its install package.
            Those browsers will then each be released consequently as an Extra.

* lighter install
            No clogging up of your tree.
            For the Database, no TW Resource, no startup chunks, nice and clean in the elements tree.
            For physical files, no browsers, no junk.
            Keep the TW Extra around 3megs

* Pasting images and editing
            No, no, no inline hideous blobs. Think how you upload images in github comments.
            Paste/drag image into the editor, the image automatically gets uploaded to the server (controlled by Media Source of course)
            The image can be trimmed upon upload so that those funny clients who love their high res pixels will not destroy the internet's web experience.
              • 47 Posts
              Now that I understand them, I'd like those things too.

Now my order of excitement is:
              1 - dedicated settings page
              2 - lighter install
              3 - content blocking
              6 - independent file managers (I'm still new to the Fred one, but I'm enjoying that so far - other than that elFinder has been my favoured one)
              4 - pasting images and editing - as long as they're in a form I can still manipulate after the fact (as you've indicated), I like

Looking forward to it!

Oh - can I add one more? Feature request perhaps:

Uploading of files into the file managers and pasting images creating an upload: I would dearly like those to trigger onFileManagerUpload so I can attach plugins to the file's arrival.
                • 1,145 Posts
                Uploading of files into the file managers and pasting images creating an upload: I would dearly like those to trigger onFileManagerUpload so I can attach plugins to the file's arrival.

That is a good idea on my mind also. I will queue that one until such a time my skill level climbs.
                  • 572 Posts
                  Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 15, 2018, 07:45 AM
                  @9thwave ... sorry for the troubles, I have rewritten this whole experience to make things even awesomer.

No problem at all:-) It's working great for the most part. Do you have any solutions for my questions or can you point me in the right direction for any of them?

Your suggestions for V3 sound amazing. Definitely 1, dedicated settings page and 2, lighter install 3, Pasting image from Clipboard into any editor, and then editing the image would be top for me.
                    www.9thwave.co.uk
                       WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                    • 181 Posts
                    Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 15, 2018, 07:53 AM
                    The mythical and long-awaited TinymceWrapper v3 is coming hot

What do you want to see?

1. A dedicated manager page where you can manage all your settings, psets and chunks? (no more headaches)
                    2. lighter install?
                    3. Content blocking? (dragging and dropping re-imagined)
                    4. Pasting image from Clipboard into any editor, and then editing the image? (includes Ace and CodeMirror)
                    5. Better names for settings?
                    6. Make File Browsers independent extras?

Sounds great! I'm not quite sure what you mean by "content blocking". Something like modmore's ContentBlocks extra, but more basic and based on TinyMCE???

Apart from that, a settings page would be great. Image handling as described by you sounds nice, too. And separating the file browsers into independent extras is sensible, I guess.
                      This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      @enigmatic_user yes modmore's CB is one way of implementing the rather popular concept of content blocking.

It is based on my TinyBlocks.js used in the MODX Extra, Structures.
                      I think limitation will be only due to one's own imagination.
                      Once I present a tutorial you'd be to judge for yourself the power of TinyBlocks.

Yes, TinyBlocks Editors is all TinyMCE core and Ace