We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,613 Posts
    Thanks, I will try your chunk. I did already try changing the button to input but no effect. (checked the documentation) If the example chunk you have doesn't work I think I need to check the template or other stuff.

I didn't check the documentation that much, just did a copy of the demo shop which is an older version.
    Might also have to do with that.
      Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
      • 270 Posts
      I've had a developer look at this and here's a fix for the coupon code bug in Simplecart v2.2.15 (modxsimplecart.com)

On lines 1417-1418 (or thereabouts in other versions) /core/components/simplecart/controllers/web/Cart.class.php:

$priceDiscount = $userDiscount->calculate($product->totals['price_ex_vat']);
      $abspriceDiscount = $userDiscount->calculate($product->totals['absprice_ex_vat']);

In both lines $userDiscount should be replaced with $coupon.
      Looks like it was probably a copy-paste typo by the developer.
        • 1,613 Posts
        Cool thanks for posting smiley Going to check tonight.
          • 1,613 Posts
          Coupon works now thx for sharing!
          --
          On https://demo.modxsimplecart.com/shopping-cart/ the cartRow chunk is being showed and on the demo it isn't working either. (old SC version) Don't know what you exactly mean with scCartRow chunk, copying "remove" stuff out that chunk and paste it in the cartRow chunk doesn't fix the remove on the page. Need to recheck the documentation. Do you have a cartRow chunk and what code is in there to update and remove products from the cart?

As non-coder its impossible to fix this kind of stuff myself. Thats whats keeping me back on it sad SC improving thow, I like it has the Mollie gateway.
          [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 8 years, 11 months ago.]
          • discuss.answer
            • 270 Posts
            My pleasure!
            re: scCartRow, I just modified it a bit to group features together (i.e. place the update cart link next to each quantity field). Just a minor modification that works well I think.
            My cartRow chunk is as pasted here: http://forums.modx.com/thread/97268/simplecart-v2-2-15---coupon-code-issue#dis-post-526233
            In your case, sounds like there may be something missing - probably best to change the scCart and scCartRow chunks back to the originals (if they've been modified). If that doesn't work then you may well have stumbled on another SimpleCart bug.

As non-coder its impossible to fix this kind of stuff myself.

I understand your pain. It's cost me a small fortune in developer fees trying to make this cart work bug-free.
              • 1,613 Posts
              Just noticed SC stopped development today, bad news sad
              To bad its not getting "open sourced" so development will continious.

Need to take a better look on my issue. Thx!
                • 270 Posts
                Hmm, not good at all. It leaves pre-May 2015 customers in a very difficult position supporting potential abandonware. [ed. note: lokust last edited this post 8 years, 10 months ago.]
                • Bert said he is looking for someone to take over, and I've already heard several people talk about it, so my guess is there will be - given some time - someone looking out for existing clients.
                    Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                    • 270 Posts
                    Thanks Mark, has ModMore considered developing an ecommerce add-on?
                    • Quote from: lokust at Jun 04, 2015, 12:28 PM
                      Thanks Mark, has ModMore considered developing an ecommerce add-on?

Has crossed my minds a few times, yeah.
                        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.