We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Hello everyone ,

I have a bootstrap theme affiliate website(ModX rev) with over 600 theme images in total http://www.bootstrapresponsive.com

I'm trying to find a way to included various social sharing buttons to each image so that I(and visitors)
    can share new(and older) theme releases.

I uploaded the bookmarkthis.zip into my core/categories folder and then installed it via package management.
    Am I on the right track here because it seems that nothing happened after I installed the plugin.

Thanks!
      • 1,154 Posts
      Hi, I just implemented bookmark this and it worked a treat. Just put this in your template:

<div class="share">[[BookmarkThis]]</div>

And then you can apply css to the class 'share'

You can also customize your buttons really easily, all the good stuff is in assets/components/bookmarkthis.

data.txt allows you to add or subtract the shares you offer, (there was some code in github or the extra page that didn't work for me) and the images can be changed in there too, images/1.4

It worked great for me, i was struggling to solve this and then when I found bookmarkthis it was so easy.

I could have sworn I made a post about this but I guess I didn't, or at least I can't find it now.

Nice site, by the way. In your case, whatever tool you are using to get and show the various templates, you put the call in there. However you may have to play with it to grab the right data, as you want that template's data, right? Anyway come on back if you have trouble, someone will help smiley
        • 10 Posts
        thank-you.. very much appreciated.

where/how exactly do I put <div class="share">[[BookmarkThis]]</div> in my template ?

also... can you explain this : And then you can apply css to the class 'share'

Thx
          • 1,154 Posts
          Ok let me try to walk you through it.

In your site, you must have some sort of tool to provide the contents of each template. That's the tool that makes the several boxes for each page, each box containing the details of one template.

So you must have a master template with this tool inside. First you have your title (find your theme with bootstrap responsive) and then some ordering (latest, most popular, most expensive) and then a tool to provide the details of each template.

If you just want the shares to be for your site, you could put them after your title. But if you want users to be able to share each template, then the shares would need to go in the area where each template details are provided.

What is your specific goal here? What do you want your users to be able to share?

For the css, the class="share" allows you control the style of the share buttons. You might want them pushed to the right or put into a box, whatever you want.

Let me show you what I use, and its not very suitable for you, but it may help.

My code is this:

<div class="col-lg-12 col-md-12 contents">
          					<div class="main-content"><div class="share">[[BookmarkThis]]</div>
          					<div style="clear:both;">[[*content]]
          					</div>

And the css will look something like this (just an estimate, I can check my code later if you need)

.share {float:right; margin-right:5px;}

What this does is make a box for the content section, put the share stuff in there first, then the [[*content]] which means the page content after. Then my css pushes the buttons to the right of that box. Here is a sample of what it looks like on my site: https://www.rayxilawforums.com/rayxi-branded-content/cn/school-interview-cn.html

For you its not going to be the same probably, but first you need to decide what you want. Please think about it and let me know, I can help you get it in there properly.
            • 10 Posts
            my replies are not going through ??
              • 10 Posts
              I just realized that whenever I try to reply with an attached file, the reply doesn't register on this thread.
                • 10 Posts
                where/how do I add this : <div class="share">[[BookmarkThis]]</div>

• 1,154 Posts
                  Hmm let me try again. Log into modx manager, and on the left side you will have a narrow window that should have three tabs, Resources, Elements and Files. Can you find that? Not the top tabs like Dashboard and Site, but under that on the left.

Click on Elements and you will get a list of different types of elements, the first one will be Templates. You need to figure out what your master template is, the template that has "find your theme with bootstrap responsive" in it. That is where you will put the <div class="share">[[BookmarkThis]]</div>

See if you can do that, then we can figure out exactly where it should go.
                    • 10 Posts
                    Yes I know those three tabs and I believe I finally located my master html template.
                    For some reason it was named 'CategoryPage' instead of something simple like 'HomePage', so it took me a
                    while to test the other templates with that code until I found the one that actually responded.

So when I placed the code at the bottom near the [[$footer]] and I did a refresh, I finally
                    noticed some broken social bookmark links crunched together at the bottom of my homepage at the extreme left side.

I guess we can call this progress right?
                      • 5,888 Posts
                      seems there are permission-issues to the directory
                      /assets/components/bookmarkthis/
                        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!