We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    I am trying to upload images to a TV when editing a page. I can see the modx logo as an image file in KCFinder but when I go to upload a new image I get the following error.

403 Forbidden

Access is forbidden to the requested page:

108.60.22.8/~jrjoseph/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browse.php?type=images&lng=en&act=upload (port 80)

I am running EVO 1.0.15. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.
      • 61 Posts
      Same thing happens with files, can't seem to get anything to upload. I've checked permissions on the folders the I believe would be the needed folders (most of the assets folders). Does this sound more like a server configuration issue? I'm not real savvy on that side of things. This is the last big thing I need to solve before I can finalize the site and get it over to the client for content entry.

Thanks,
      Steve
        • 380 Posts
          • 61 Posts
          Thanks for the reply Sparky, I gave that a shot and I still get the pop-up error. The error seems to pop up after the file has fully uploaded. I can go into manage files in the manager and upload to assets/directory without an issue, so I'm scratching my head as to why I can't upload via KCFinder.
          • It could also be a mod_security problem. You might want to check your log files for further information.
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
              • 61 Posts
              Log files are not showing any errors. I was on the phone with the hosting company (dotEasy) for a while yesterday and according to them it does not seem to be a server/hosting issue. He tried several things and still get the error. I was originally accessing the site through an IP address but yesterday I modified the host file on my computer so I could use the actual domain. I still get an error but it is just a blank box with an error icon, no text message, now instead of the 403 error text I was getting. When I look at my browser's developer tools it appears to be the same 403 error though.

Are there other file browser options out there I can install? I have to have the ability to upload images via TVs on page edit.

Thanks!
              Steve
                • 953 Posts
                For what it's worth - I have updated 3 sites in the last week and none of them have this problem.

I also installed a fresh local copy today for testing and also no problems.

Sorry I can't help, but thought that might be worth knowing.

Just a question that you have probably already tested, but I will ask anyway - Have you tried installing a fresh copy onto your server and tested if that works ? Not an update, a fresh install.
                • Can you tell us more about the hosting environment? I'm still inclined to blame the hosting, as a 403 error is the server saying something is forbidden.
                    Patrick | Server Wrangler
                    About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                    • 61 Posts
                    I've not tried a fresh install... I am pretty far down the line on the development process, can I install a fresh copy without undoing everything I have already done?

AMDbuilder, the reason my hosting company gave for thinking it was not a server issue is the 403 error comes up in a pop-up/overlay box and is not an actual re-direct to the server's own 403 error page. Hosting is through doteasy and is their unlimited service: http://www.doteasy.com/web-hosting.

At this point I would be willing to pay someone for a few hours of their time to go in and look around.
                      • 953 Posts
                      You could install a fresh copy next to what you already have - a subfolder for example or a subdomain.

But I personally would use a second database (a new one) used for testing