We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I'm really sorry that didn't work for you.

One possibility is that you have a plugin or snippet that doesn't work in 2.3.1. If you have a pre-2.3.1 version you can work with, you can disable all the plugins by right-clicking on them in the Elements tree. If you don't have a pre-2.3.1 version, you can disable them in the modx_site_plugins table (change the 'disabled' field from 0 to 1). Delete all files in the core/cache directory after disabling the plugins.

Snippets are trickier, but much less likely to be the issue, since they don't execute in the Manager.

About that second error, you might also check the value of the error_page System Setting (if you don't have pre-2.3.1 version, you'll have to look in the modx_system_settings table). Make a note of the ID, then look in the modx_site_content table to make sure that a Resource with that ID exists, its 'published' field is set to 1 and its 'deleted' field is set to 0.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 20 Posts
      I'm a little hesitant to upgrade to 2.3 but I really want too. I'm currently sitting back on 2.2.15. Where can I go for upgrade help to ensure it get's done correctly? Recognizing bad snippets, plugins and environment issues?
        • 24,544 Posts
        Patrick at SkyToaster is an expert at upgrading MODX. In fact, the upgrade might go smoothly if you're willing to move the site there. SkyToaster is a very MODX-friendly host and Patrick is active in the forums.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 20 Posts
          Can't move the server at this time. It's our company site and we have a dedicated server at GoDaddy paid up for a couple years. Does he do side work for this?
          • I'm not evil enough to withhold service because you are using another provider. Just shoot an email to sales at skytoaster.com noting this thread, and we'll get you some help with those issues. Based on a quick read of your thread the issues do sound server related, but one step at a time, let's crack the hood and see what's going on first.
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
              • 20 Posts
              Great AMDBuilder/Patrick,

I'm going to send you a PM to get this process started but I can't do anything till the 17th.

BOBRay, you have been a big help, thanking you for taking time out of your day to assist me. Really appreciated!