We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 353 Posts
    Ahhh WTF?
      • 12 Posts
      Quote from: novikey at Dec 01, 2014, 09:16 PM
      Такая же ошибка возникала, когда в настройках nginx были следующие строки

limit_zone slimits $binary_remote_addr 5m;
      limit_conn slimits 5;

Т.е. modx загружал свои ресурсы, но в итоге превышал допустимые 5 одновременных запросов и вместо части ресурсов получал код 503.
      Для нормальной работы modx оказалось достаточным:

limit_zone slimits $binary_remote_addr 10m; // на всякий случай
      limit_conn slimits 10;

To make this available in English... I've got the very same issue with a bad hosting provider. The nginx settings didn't allow to have more than 5 requests processed simultaneously. Using the information from the post above I communicated to the provider and eventually instructed them to increase the values in questions. After that the problem wasn't observed anymore.

Details: each request, click or action in the modx revo's admin panel was accompanied with 503 http response which visually looked as if the application was broken. Physically it simply failed to download some resources.

Thanks novikey for the hint.
        • 342 Posts
        Willi Waizenegger Reply #43, 8 years ago
        I know, really old post, but I received the exact same error message. In my case, class_map was already checked. I had been experiencing the error when I would go to the MODx Resources Browser by way of the Insert/Edit Image button through TinyMCE.

Solution was to go into the ACL in question and check source_view ("To view and list Media Sources"). Not sure if necessary but I then flushed permissions.
          • 22 Posts
          Willi Waizenegger - Thank you! source_view for me too...
            • 34 Posts
            I'm having the same error popup:
            Code: 200 OK
            {"success":false,"message":"Access denied.","total":0,"data":[],"object":{"code":401}}

But this is due to OnTVInputRenderList plugin that i created for my custom TV input type.

Here's my plugin code:
            <?php
            $corePath = $modx->getOption('core_path',null,MODX_CORE_PATH).'components/customTVs/';
            switch ($modx->event->name) {
                case 'OnTVInputRenderList':
                    $modx->event->output($corePath.'tv/input/');
                    break;
                case 'OnTVOutputRenderList':
                    $modx->event->output($corePath.'tv/output/');
                    break;
                case 'OnTVInputPropertiesList':
                    $modx->event->output($corePath.'tv/inputoptions/');
                    break;
                case 'OnTVOutputRenderPropertiesList':
                    $modx->event->output($corePath.'tv/properties/');
                    break;
                case 'OnManagerPageBeforeRender':
                    break;
            }

Any idea how can fix this? I was just following the documentation on how to create custom TV input type.

Thank you.
              • 24,544 Posts
              It's most likely a MODX permission issue since that message comes from the processor.

You can test the by making yourself a 'sudo' user. If that fixes it, it's definitely a MODX permission issue. That means you're missing a permission in the 'mgr' context that's required by one of the processors you're calling (or one of its parent classes).
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 34 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at May 03, 2018, 10:51 PM
                It's most likely a MODX permission issue since that message comes from the processor.

You can test the by making yourself a 'sudo' user. If that fixes it, it's definitely a MODX permission issue. That means you're missing a permission in the 'mgr' context that's required by one of the processors you're calling (or one of its parent classes).

I'm using a Sudo user. Context permission seems fine. But when i remove OnTVInputRenderList as plugin system events over the plugin i created for my custom TV input type, that issue resolves, but then again, my custom TV input type don't process.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Try putting a return statement at the end of the plugin.
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 34 Posts
                    Quote from: BobRay at May 08, 2018, 04:52 AM
                    Try putting a return statement at the end of the plugin.

I did that, still no good.

Custom TV input type codes are within /core/components/customTVs/ just in case this might matter. I just followed the documentation here https://docs.modx.com/revolution/2.x/making-sites-with-modx/customizing-content/template-variables/adding-a-custom-tv-type-modx-2.2

No errors in the error log too.
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Just to make sure the new code with the return statement is executing, manually delete the files in the core/cache directory and give it another try.
                        My MODX Extras