We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 83 Posts
    Do you agree with me!? 2.3 and even 2.3.1 are not ready at all for GA release, many issues here and there. I've ACL screwed up, and it behaves really weird.

1- Resource which was configured with no save is throwing:
    Code: 200 OK
    {"success":false,"message":"Permission denied!","total":0,"data":[],"object":[]}

2- Menu items in topnav do not display for non-super user when they have custom permissions.

3- Some menu items with javascript handle causes the manager not to load at all: test with "flush your permissions" JS for example

3- Have to fix some of my code which sometimes hangs only on 2.3.x

Didn't have all those issues on 2.2.14

Bottom line: I suggest a clear straight forward test scenarios to be handled by community members.

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

[ed. note: mina_gerges last edited this post 9 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 83 Posts
      Seems issue in point 2 was fixed in a very weird way:

1- Add submenu with a default permission, add another allowed default permission to the topnav menu. when you are sure that they are visible and usable, remove/edit the submenu permission, and edit the topnav menu permission to the custom one.

+ It sounds like session and cache, but clearing cache (even total files wipe) plus log out and re login clearing the browser cache didn't help.

Issue in point 1 is very annoying because it popups for regular manager users not admins... please gimme a lead where to look to fix it.

• Did you check and/or file issues for those problems on Github (https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues?state=open)?
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 83 Posts
          well,

Thanks for your response, i have checked the issues of course, just my opinion (with examples) is the release was not ready for GA, and we should be a community QA not beta testers. Otherwise the story is happening again and again, a major release with lots of issues and after 10 or 15 minor releases it is stable an working better. This is why i believe it's the time to build the QA team. I can volunteer to build the strategy for such community as much time as I can afford.
            • 24,544 Posts
            Flush Permissions is working fine for me, but I have all the 'compress_' System Settings turned off. It could also be a browser-specific issue (I tested with FF).

I do see a blank console sometimes when I clear the cache, but that was happening long before 2.3.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 83 Posts
              The issue was reproducible as described, I set my chrome to disable cache already while in dev mode, flush permission works only now for the current logged in user (i guess you need to reproduce the whole issue and report if it behaves the same with you), but i see in 2.3.x, the security settings kick in at once, perhaps that might be related.

My main problem is that i do not have enough time to set a a QA environment, i would love to perform some QA for coming releases sad but currently i am passing through a very tight bottle neck in my life.

But again, the point of the post is mainly the idea of a QA team from the community, where they have to test specific scenarios. This will take Modx to the next level.
                • 24,544 Posts
                I don't disagree with you about the QA issue, but I still don't understand the JS problem you're describing:

flush permission works only now for the current logged in user

Someone who is not the current logged-in user shouldn't be able to flush permissions (or do anything, really), so I'm assuming you mean something else.

I created another member of the Administrator User Group with an authority level of 0. When I log in as that user I can clear the cache with no trouble.

My MODX Extras
                  • 83 Posts
                  Misunderstanding as it seems.

I was talking about issue# 2 , about the JS i haven't debugged anything to identify the cause, it might be environmental caused by the upgrade.

With regards to issue# 1; I do not find anything related in Github/issues, i am investigating it further.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    There is a fix that's supposed to solve that in one of the last posts in this thread: http://forums.modx.com/thread/92206/error-code-200-ok-on-every-resource-select?page=2
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 83 Posts
                      Thanks Bob, but the error i am getting is not only code 200 OK it has some extra line:
                      Code: 200 OK
                      {"success":false,"message":"Permission denied!","total":0,"data":[],"object":[]}

This appears only for users (not admin), they can still save and do their tasks, but every time they load a resource in manager they get that popup message.

I have compression off already, this is a false error as users can save without any issues. I enabled debug logs, but there is nothing there, if i just can add extra logs when this message pop-up !!!!??

Quote from: BobRay at Jul 28, 2014, 03:33 AM
                      There is a fix that's supposed to solve that in one of the last posts in this thread: http://forums.modx.com/thread/92206/error-code-200-ok-on-every-resource-select?page=2
                      [ed. note: mina_gerges last edited this post 9 years, 8 months ago.]