We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,078 Posts
    Just installed pdoTools (did not check the box next to Experimental in the setup options). Also had just updated to MODx 2.3.

I switched my Wayfinder? call to pdoMenu? and now have error messages showing up in manager error log: [2014-07-18 07:04:09] (ERROR @ /~mysite/index.php) [OnTVOutputRenderList]1

Also getting these errors:
    [2014-07-18 07:09:54] (ERROR @ /~mysite/manager/index.php) [OnRichTextEditorInit]1
    [2014-07-18 07:10:52] (ERROR @ /~ mysite/manager/index.php) [OnManagerPageBeforeRender]1

I've gone back in and changed the pdoMenu? back to Wayfinder?, cleared the cache and still getting an error: [2014-07-18 07:13:14] (ERROR @ /~mysite/index.php) [OnTVOutputRenderList]1

So..I think this is non related to pdoTools, and perhaps either a problem with MODx 2.3, or something on the index.php page that I have set up incorrectly

• 1,078 Posts
      Still getting these errors though after I toggle around in the manager:

[2014-07-18 07:27:31] (ERROR @ /~mysite/manager/index.php) [OnManagerPageBeforeRender]1
      [2014-07-18 07:27:31] (ERROR @ /~ mysite/manager/index.php) [OnRichTextEditorInit]1

I do have Redactor install. Would the mention of OnRichTextEditor have anything to do with Redactor.

Note: I was not receiving any of these errors while the site was in 2.2.14. Just updated to 2.3 last night. [ed. note: mmcgee last edited this post 9 years, 10 months ago.]
        • 1,078 Posts
        I did my own update of 2.3 on one of my other sites yesterday as well, and I similar errors in the log there as well. Starting to maybe doubt my decision to jump on the new update.

[2014-07-17 21:38:59] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not prepare context: web
        [2014-07-17 21:39:50] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnManagerLoginFormRender]1
        [2014-07-17 21:40:04] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnBeforeManagerLogin]1
        [2014-07-17 22:15:15] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnManagerLoginFormRender]1
        [2014-07-17 22:15:21] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnBeforeManagerLogin]1
        [2014-07-17 22:18:46] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnManagerLoginFormRender]1
        [2014-07-18 14:35:00] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnManagerLoginFormRender]1
        [2014-07-18 14:35:04] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) [OnBeforeManagerLogin]1
          • 20 Posts
          See http://forums.modx.com/thread/92195/modx-2-3-running-slow-and-error-log-filling-up.
          Either the Extras need to be updated to prevent this, or it should be fixed in 2.3, but in any case it is not something that you should worry about but I agree that it unneccessarily fills up the error log.
            • 1,078 Posts
            Thanks for the response. Everything does seem to function fine. All of my Extras / Add-Ons are up to date. Unless of course there are add-ons that are not compatible with 2.3 if that's possible. If it were add-ons though, I would think the error messages would make reference to them.
              • 110 Posts
              It happens when a piece of code does not specifically return something so MODX is assuming a return code of 1. I'm not sure why they made this change but it changed for me when going to 2.3. In the case of the custom snippets, you just have to return something at the end or just do "return;" to signify that nothing was returned.

It is harmless but a little annoying.
                Sal Sodano
                President & Co-Founder of SkyToaster
                My Website Salscode.
                • 1,078 Posts
                Thanks for the response Sal. I think I will take comfort in your comment: "It is harmless but a little annoying"

I have not created any custom snippets, and probably am definitely not the person who should be modifying those in the Add-ons that I've loaded smiley
                  • 1,572 Posts
                  I have not created any custom snippets, and probably am definitely not the person who should be modifying those in the Add-ons that I've loaded

Totally agree but if your not going to do it just keep a eye on the manager error file size because if it's a busy site it could soon get big enough to fill your hosting space.

It would defiantly be worth spending 10 mins to add the line in the code whilst your waiting for the snippets to be updated wink
                    • 1,078 Posts
                    Totally agree but if your not going to do it just keep a eye on the manager error file size because if it's a busy site it could soon get big enough to fill your hosting space.

It would defiantly be worth spending 10 mins to add the line in the code whilst your waiting for the snippets to be updated wink
                    Thanks for the response Paul. I'm not above jumping off into new territory, but where do I add the "return()". Do I just open a snippet from over in the Elements tree and then type it in at the very end of the code? I'm noticing that the error log does fill up very fast, and I'm only in early early development phase on this one site.

• 1,078 Posts
                      So FormIt for example has this code on it's original

require_once $modx->getOption('formit.core_path',null,$modx->getOption('core_path',null,MODX_CORE_PATH).'components/formit/').'model/formit/formit.class.php';
                      $fi = new FormIt($modx,$scriptProperties);
                      $fi->initialize($modx->context->get('key'));
                      $fi->loadRequest();

$fields = $fi->request->prepare();
                      return $fi->request->handle($fields);

So do I need to put just else return at the end? And then do that for each of my snippets? I guess once I open each, I may be able to see which have it and which don't.

require_once $modx->getOption('formit.core_path',null,$modx->getOption('core_path',null,MODX_CORE_PATH).'components/formit/').'model/formit/formit.class.php';
                      $fi = new FormIt($modx,$scriptProperties);
                      $fi->initialize($modx->context->get('key'));
                      $fi->loadRequest();

$fields = $fi->request->prepare();
                      return $fi->request->handle($fields);
                      else
                      return;