We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hi Again everyone.

Just and FYI, I'm not sure why, but even with 2.3.1 I'm still unable to download extras on Godaddy Hosted sites after a fresh install. All my non-Godaddy sites seem to be fine. Anyone have an idea what Godaddy's problem is this time?
    • Do you also have problems with the news feeds on the dashboard or just the package manager?
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 6 Posts
        The news feed seems to work just fine. Only the package manager isn't working correctly. I have also noticed that the captcha extra shows an available update but I cannot update it a it give an error stating to select the version before updating, even though there is only one version available and it's already selected. But I think that might be an issue with that extra not the manger.
        • Ok, so the problem is just with the captcha extra?
            • 6 Posts
            No, the problem of not being able to download is for all packages, not just the captcha package.

To get around this I downloaded all my packages from modx.com, uploaded them and searched for local packages and installed them. Then after installing them I updated their provider info to "modx.com"

The issue with the captcha package is not being able to update it even after changing the provider to modx.com using either method discussed earlier in this thread. I've noticed the update issue also effects the seo tab package as well. The update issue I worked around by downloading the latest and re-installing them, but if should be able to download packages AND update them using the package manager. Right now I cannot do either.
            • It's possible the downloads are hitting some form of GoDaddy timeout, perhaps script runtime or processing related. Can you check for any error message in the Network tab for your browser? (Chrome: Right Click on page > Inspect Element > Network tab)

You may need to give it 60 seconds in total depending on their timeout limits. Please note the network tab should be opened just before clicking Download for the extra.
                • 1,078 Posts
                Currently experiencing same issue with Captcha. After clicking update, model displays the version to install with 3.3.2 already checked. After clicking install, a progress bar flashes very quickly on the screen. The Extra never installs and the model is frozen on the screen.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Captcha is a tiny package, so it shouldn't be timing out unless there's something else going on.

Try this and see if it makes a difference. Instead of clicking on "Upgrade," click on "Download Packages" at the top of the grid. Type the name of the package into the search box, and when it shows up, click on "Download."

Then go back to Package Manager and install the update. Download is much faster than Update, and once the package is downloaded, everything is done locally. If there are timeout issues, that may avoid them.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 50 Posts
                    I experience the same problem with both new website that just installed 2.3.1 and the old website that just updated to 2.3.1. They all hosted in the same server http://adandart.com/connectors/index.php?action=system/phpinfo&HTTP_MODAUTH=______

Can't install any add-on at all. Should I report this as a bug? [ed. note: markh last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
                      • 50 Posts
                      Quote from: fab at Aug 01, 2014, 03:15 AM
                      I experience the same problem with both new website that just installed 2.3.1 and the old website that just updated to 2.3.1. They all hosted in the same server http://adandart.com/connectors/index.php?action=system/phpinfo&HTTP_MODAUTH=______

Can't install any add-on at all. Should I report this as a bug?

Sorry the link doesn't work, so I save the phpinfo in pdf. Any idea? [ed. note: fab last edited this post 9 years, 8 months ago.]