We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    My Hero!

Quote from: legues at Jul 17, 2014, 09:31 AM
    Hi guys

I identified this problem also.

What i did was:

1- Download the previous stable version on modx Revolution 2.2.14, and i copied the phpthumb.class.php from the core/model/phpthumb
    2- Then i pasted the file on the new MODX 2.3, under the core/model/phpthumb directory.
    3- Problem solved

I guess the problem was related with some duplicated php function inside phpthumb.class.php

My 5 cents!!! smiley
      • 10 Posts

legues Reply #7, 4 days ago
      Hi guys

What i did was:

1- Download the previous stable version on modx Revolution 2.2.14, and i copied the phpthumb.class.php from the core/model/phpthumb
      2- Then i pasted the file on the new MODX 2.3, under the core/model/phpthumb directory.
      3- Problem solved

I guess the problem was related with some duplicated php function inside phpthumb.class.php

My 5 cents!!! smiley

Legues,

This solution worked like a charm !! Thank you, I can now perfectly see all preview image thumbs.
        • 284 Posts
        Quote from: coensiebenheller at Jul 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
        My Hero!

Quote from: legues at Jul 17, 2014, 09:31 AM
        Hi guys

What i did was:

3- Problem solved

My 5 cents!!! smiley

LOL!!! I´m here to try to help everyone!! smiley Day is going good... i received "Hero Badge"! hehehehe [ed. note: legues last edited this post 9 years, 9 months ago.]
          • 284 Posts
          Quote from: sri at Jul 21, 2014, 10:21 AM

legues Reply #7, 4 days ago
          Hi guys

What i did was:

3- Problem solved

My 5 cents!!! smiley

Legues,

This solution worked like a charm !! Thank you, I can now perfectly see all preview image thumbs.

:) ! You are welcome! smiley Yes, i had a look on the phpthumb.class.php and i saw a duplicated class... that´s why i replaced the file by the previous stable MODX version! smiley
            • 59 Posts
            Unless I'm dreaming, both sites that I have fixed this on so far have had completely empty phpthumb.class.php....
              • 284 Posts
              Quote from: phil_w at Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 AM
              Unless I'm dreaming, both sites that I have fixed this on so far have had completely empty phpthumb.class.php....

Empty?!! Well in my case i had duplicated php functions...
                • 284 Posts
                Quote from: legues at Jul 21, 2014, 11:09 AM
                Quote from: phil_w at Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 AM

Empty?!! Well in my case i had duplicated php functions...

Ok. To be more precise, and because phpthumb.class.php on MODX 2.3 has some changes if we compare with the file on MODX 2.1.14, all you have to do guys is find the file on core/model/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php and delete the lines from 254 to 268 (duplicated code). After this you should have this little problem solved!!! smiley I tried myself do this, and now i have all the thinks working fine!!!! smiley
                • Hey folks. I just altered the post type to a question. If you could mark the answer or answer that solved your problem by clicking the little star at the top right of a post on hover, that will let people know a solution has been found.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                    • 284 Posts
                    Quote from: smashingred at Jul 21, 2014, 01:00 PM
                    Hey folks. I just altered the post type to a question. If you could mark the answer or answer that solved your problem by clicking the little star at the top right of a post on hover, that will let people know a solution has been found.

The little start was gone now!!!
                    • Quote from: phil_w at Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 AM

On 2 installs, that file as well as the filters file are empty.

But they do appear in archive for 2.3 so I have no idea why these are empty.