We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    Quote from: goldsky at Jan 05, 2015, 04:40 AM
    The TV's output type is the format of each tag to fill the [[+smarttag.tag]]'s value.
    You are selecting "SmartTag Output Type", right?
    Try to use this value on "href" field:
    [[~your_landingpage_id_here? &tag=`[[+value]]` &scheme=`full`]]

Added as above and tried a few other things but cant see what I am missing tags still not clickable, just in case there's anything obvious below is a screenshot hopefully my stupidity is obvious.

My current output is exactly this
    <li>test (1)</li>
    <li>videos (1)</li>

TV

What I have on my resource page which is 139

Many thanks
    • Try to use tagLister instead.

Sorry for being stupid, try this:
      [[!smarttagTags?
          &parentIds=`[[*id]]`
          &includeHiddenDocs=`1`
          &tplWrapper=`@code:[[+smarttag.tags]]`
          &tplItem=`@code:<li><a href="[[~139? &tag=`[[+smarttag.tag]]` &scheme=`full`]]">[[+smarttag.tag]]</a> ([[+smarttag.count]])</li>`
          &tvNames=`_your_TV_name_here_`
      ]]

[ed. note: goldsky last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
        Rico
        Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
        MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
      • [[!smarttagTags]] snippet doesn't parse the Output.
        Outputting the raw TV [[*smartTag]] does.
          Rico
          Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
          • 51 Posts
          OK getting good links now I had to put the stuff after @code: into chunks otherwise it would not parse the tag but just cant get the results to show so I have the following
          [[!smarttagTags?
              &parentIds=`36`
              &includeHiddenDocs=`1`
              &tplWrapper=`smarttagtags.wrapper`
              &tplItem=`smartTag1`
              &tvNames=`smartTag`
          ]]

Which outputs this
          http://somesite.co.uk/tagoutput.html?tag=results

But when the links are clicked they just reload the page so I thought I would use that TV and put it into taglister but like this
          [[!getResourcesTag? &parents=`36` &tagKey=`smartTag` &toPlaceholder=`results` &tpl=`smartTagResults`]]

<h2>Search Results</h2>

<ul>
          [[!+results]]
          </ul>

Chunk smartTagResults
          <li>
          <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>
          </li>

But that outputs nothing

Am I getting close and once again thanks for the help much appreciated

Ian
          • getResourceTag is the hybrid of TV filtering + getPage + getResources.
            So you can use getPage's & getResource's properties.

TV Filtering itself is not documented well in rtfm, but you can use this &tagSearchType

• exact (== $tag <default>)
            • contains (== %$tag%)
            • beginswith (==%$tag)
            • endswith (== $tag%)
            • within ((IN) $tag <case-insensitive>)

You might have those resources hidden, so try this:
            [[!getResourcesTag?
            &parents=`36`
            &tagKey=`smartTag`
            &toPlaceholder=`results`
            &tpl=`smartTagResults`
            &tagSearchType=`contains`
            &showHidden=`1`
            ]]

<h2>Search Results</h2>

<ul>
            [[+results]]
            </ul>
              Rico

www.virtudraft.com

• 51 Posts
              Yep working perfect (-: thanks very much for your help goldsky thats made my night.

all the best

Ian
                • 572 Posts
                @panfire - are you using this with Collections and if so could you post how you've got it working?
                I can't get either Tagger or smartTag working with Collections which i'm using for news/blog posts.

I have 2 templates - one for the container and one for the individual posts. I would like to have tags display in a sidebar and with each post - which i can do with both the Tagger extra and smartTag.
                What i can't get working is the links to display the relevant posts:-/

Any help appreciated.
                Thanks
                J
                  www.9thwave.co.uk
                     WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                  • 98 Posts
                  9th wave just sent a PM let me know if you have not received it
                    • 572 Posts
                    Quote from: ianman at Aug 07, 2015, 10:42 PM
                    Thank you yes I received it. Looks like you never got the tags to work?
                    Once (if) I find a way to get tags working, I promise to write up a full step-by-step tutorial.
                      www.9thwave.co.uk
                         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                      • 98 Posts
                      Quote from: 9thwave at Aug 08, 2015, 07:59 PM
                      Quote from: ianman at Aug 07, 2015, 10:42 PM
                      Thank you yes I received it. Looks like you never got the tags to work?
                      Once (if) I find a way to get tags working, I promise to write up a full step-by-step tutorial.

It was so long ago I cant remember quiet how far i got sorry it was not of any use but good luck getting it working.

All the best

Ian