We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Quote from: Uncle68 at Sep 02, 2007, 02:35 PM

There are some functions that exists in PPP that are not in WebLoginPE yet, but I guess that Dr SD will add new stuff to his snippet, it seems to be developed in a fast rate...

The user listing in WebLoginPE snippet doesn’t have much of options at this moment, but if we ask for new features maybe they will be added! smiley
    Hey Uncle laugh
    You are correct in your assumption that if you ask, it will be implemented. I will consider every feature request that people want to see. If it is not possible (yet), then recommendations will be provided as a temporary work around.

Quote from: Uncle68 at Sep 02, 2007, 02:35 PM

The reasons for me to recommend WLPE are that the coding is light years better than PPPs, and also that I guess it will grow to a complete "Community Builder".
    Thank you, that is quite a compliment on the coding!
    You are also correct about the "Community Builder". One of the next steps for WebLoginPE will be true inter-user messaging (like the inter-user messages on this forum). At the moment, it is a simple email exchange. I am also working on a simple MODx native forum snippet using Jot and WebLoginPE.

I would like to collaborate with you on possibly merging some of the features of PPP into WebLoginPE.
    Please PM me if you are interested in working together.

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 3,975 Posts
      Yo! Yo!

I can smell deliciously cooked social networking on top of MODx! wooooo

Keep up the great work guys!

all the best.
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 358 Posts
        Dear Dr. Delicious, your plans is music to my ears! smiley

As I’m no coder I can’t be much of a help, but when I come to think of anything that is in PPP but not in WebLoginPE I’ll post in the WLPE thread (just did).

As soon as I have WLPE installed I’ll check what’s needed to migrate from PPP to WLPE, perhaps it’s possible to use any existing custom table made with PPP in WLPE, that would be great!

/Uncle68
          • 1,193 Posts
          Quote from: Uncle68 at Sep 02, 2007, 05:38 PM

As soon as I have WLPE installed I’ll check what’s needed to migrate from PPP to WLPE, perhaps it’s possible to use any existing custom table made with PPP in WLPE, that would be great!
          Does the PPP table contain an `id` and `internalKey` column (to keep track of which user the attributes belong to)?
          If it does, then the transition would be seemless.

-sD-
            Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 925 Posts
            Quote from: Dr. at Sep 02, 2007, 05:43 PM

Quote from: Uncle68 at Sep 02, 2007, 05:38 PM

Does the PPP table contain an `id` and `internalKey` column (to keep track of which user the attributes belong to)?
            If it does, then the transition would be seemless.

-sD-

IIRC, it does. I remember having some issues before with an earlier version of PPP, so I had to mess around inside the database --- I remember seeing ID’s and Internalkeys for the custom PPP table.
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
              • 358 Posts
              Quote from: Soshite at Sep 02, 2007, 06:04 PM
              IIRC, it does. I remember having some issues before with an earlier version of PPP, so I had to mess around inside the database --- I remember seeing ID’s and Internalkeys for the custom PPP table.

Actually it has just one id field, and it’s called webuser. But if duplicating that field and renaming the fields to id and internalKey it would perhaps work. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to test in in a few days, but I get to it later this week if no one does it before me...
                • 1,193 Posts

Then yes. Lets say your table name is "ppp_user_attributes" and it has columns for website, aim, favorite_game, and regsiter_date, then the WebLoginPE profile call would be:
                [!WebLoginPE? &type=`profile` &customTable=`ppp_user_attributes` &customFields=`website,aim,favorite_game,regsiter_date`!]

and WebLoginPE will be aware of each of the users attributes and the user will be able to edit them.

-sD-

• 1,193 Posts
                  Quote from: Uncle68 at Sep 02, 2007, 06:16 PM

Actually it has just one id field, and it’s called webuser. But if duplicating that field and renaming the fields to id and internalKey it would perhaps work. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to test in in a few days, but I get to it later this week if no one does it before me...
                  Well, if that is the case, I might just have to make a PPP -> WebLoginPE migration assistant.

-sD-

• 925 Posts
                    That’s nice to know that WLPE has the option for a custom table. That’ll make things a lot easier.

It’s kinda cool to see all this development discussion going on so fast lately. Makes things exciting. ^.^
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0