We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 142 Posts
    Hi,

I'm using lingua.selector dropdown menu for switching the language. Now I'm adding second translation to my site.

It's reguired to activate translation from Lingua Settings in order to make translations visible on Manager. Problem is, the untranslated language will be visible on menu too. Can i hide this from menu until the language is fully translated?
      • 34 Posts
      Use this: https://github.com/Bruno17/linguaPdoTools

and call your menu like this (don't use Wayfinder, but instead use pdoMenu for your menu):

[[pdoMenu?
      &parents=`0`
      &level=`1`
      &tpl=`wf-tpl`
      &outerTpl=`wf-outer-tpl`
      &includeTVs=`lang_published`
      &where=`{"TVlang_published.value":"1"}`
      ]]
        • 142 Posts
        Hi,

I would go this way, but for some reason i have problems setting up linguaPdoTools?

Quote from: wintertribe at May 31, 2016, 09:17 AM
        Hi again,

I followed installation instructions, but get error after i change pdoTools system setting pdoFetch.class to 'pdotools.linguafetch'

"Could not load class: linguafetch from pdotools.linguafetch."

Any tips?
          • 3 Posts
          Hi!
          I think because the pdotools extra is extremely fast developing, Bruno's solution has out of date. sad
          I would like to make a mistake.

P.S. In my website, too
          "Could not load class: linguafetch from pdotools.linguafetch."
          And frontend is down. sad( [ed. note: nocom_ru last edited this post 7 years, 10 months ago.]
            • 5,888 Posts
            maybe the instructions need a little update, but didn't have time to play with it.
              -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
              • 3 Posts
              Quote from: Bruno17 at Jun 21, 2016, 03:45 PM
              maybe the instructions need a little update, but didn't have time to play with it.

It is sad. sad
              Excellent extras.
              • Seeing a few mentions of ImportX in this thread - @goldsky: ImportX deliberately uses the core MODX processors (create or update) to make sure it's as compatible with other extras and changing core processes as possible... it looks like these lines are preventing Lingua from actually copying across any values... perhaps you could consider adding a check after that for each loop that makes sure there are values, and if there aren't any, just grab the standard resource values? Your call, of course, but maybe worth considering smiley
                  Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • I just installed the fresh copy of ModX (2.5.1-pl) and tried the Lingua (2.1.0-beta4) for the multilanguage option...

After installation i put the [[lingua.selector?]] for selecting the languages...

What I noticed (I have FURL enabled):

• I get the 404 error when redirecting to a URL
                  • When I access the page like this: index.php?id=1&lang=en, it works as expected
                    BASE - Web Design Studio
                    MODX Ambassador

Website
                    • 142 Posts
                    Quote from: wintertribe at Jun 08, 2016, 09:08 AM
                    It's reguired to activate translation from Lingua Settings in order to make translations visible on Manager. Problem is, the untranslated language will be visible on menu too. Can i hide this from menu until the language is fully translated?

The previous post was a bit unclear. With "menu" i meant lingua.selector. If i activate new language for editing in manager, can i hide this one language from lingua.selector (front-end) until it's fully translated?
                      • 34 Posts
                      @mtalvenheimo
                      you should check out https://github.com/Bruno17/linguaPdoTools - this is what you need.
                      But I think, this extra is deprecated at the moment.. or maybe Bruno had time to check it?! I don't know.