We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5,888 Posts
    will try a new installation with all the latest versions MODX,MIGX,migxMultiLang,pdoTools.
    But will take some days to get the time.
      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
      • 463 Posts
      No worries Bruno, we know you are as busy as the Easter Bunny at Easter and your contributions are always so very very helpful.
        • 4 Posts
        Hey folks,

I just installed Modx 2.5.0, got migxmultilang running, changed the setting prophet-roshak mentioned in this post:

https://github.com/Bruno17/migxmultilang/issues/10

and am now getting the desired output for the default language.
        Language translation however isn't working (even though i published the translations after filling the fields out).

Error log shows:
        (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 643) Could not load class: mmlFormtabsTemplate from mysql.mmlformtabstemplate.
        (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 761) mmlFormtabsTemplate::load() is not a valid static method.
        (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 643) Could not load class: mmlFormtabs from mysql.mmlformtabs.
        (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 761) mmlFormtabs::load() is not a valid static method.

Do you have any suggestions regarding this error? I don't have much knowledge about php and sql (yet!!) so any help is greatly appreciated!

Also thanks to all the people developing modx and the packages.

Kind regards,

Lukas
          • 9 Posts
          Hi,

The installation instructions are not accurate.

You should go to System settings under pdotools and change "pdoFetch.class" from "pdotools.mmlfetch" into "migxmultilang.mmlfetch"
          and the "pdofetch_class_path" into "{core_path}components/migxmultilang/model/"

Thats it....works like a charm!

Cheers,
          Jo.
            • 4 Posts
            Hello and thank you for your help.

Unfortunately I wasn't successful getting migxmultilang working again following your advice.
            The last time i got it working was in modx version 2.3.1 without any issues...

What I did now was:

On OS Ubuntu 16.04
            • installed lamp stack and and phpmyadmin after purging all packages related to mysql, phpmyadmin, php7.0, apache
            • set appropriate permissions and owner for folders in /var/www/html

Fresh download and install of modx2.5.0-pl Traditional in this order:
            1. tinymce (richtext in migxmultilang formtabs!)
            2. migx (after installing package -> clicked on setup in migx cmp)
            3. pdotools
            4. migxmultilang

• changed "pdoFetch.class" equals "migxmultilang.mmlfetch"
              • changed "pdofetch_class_path" equals "{core_path}components/migxmultilang/model/"

-> viewed error log: exactly the same errors as stated in reply #203
            -> followed further steps as mentioned under Installation and Backend setup: https://github.com/Bruno17/migxmultilang

Result: Default language is displayed fine in front end, second and third language are not translated

=> Important: I used default resource-fields for default-language

Am I missing something trivial?

Kind regards,

Lukas

[ed. note: luztra last edited this post 7 years, 11 months ago.]
              • 463 Posts
              I have to say following :https://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/case-studies-and-tutorials/create-a-multilingual-website-with-migxmultilang Yeilded better results than Bruno's (sorry Bruno)

Changing the settings on MODx 2.5.0 worked a charm, time to move forward in testing.
                • 4 Posts
                !!!PARTLY Resolved!!!

I did differently:

• Set every "Allowoverride None" in apache2.conf/httpd.conf to "Allowoverride All" (is this a Problem security wise?)
                • created a .htaccess file
                • (I didn't before because https://github.com/Bruno17/migxmultilang mentions No special .htaccess is needed)
                • changed the settings yoavisimo mentioned in Reply #204

Steps I took:

Thank you for your help Tyreal2012, yoavisimo.

At the moment my guess is the friendly urls and .htaccess are both needed for migxmultilang to work

More importantly:

1. Only the English translation still does not correctly (It works after I turn off the InitCulture Plugin)
                2. I want the visitors to be directed to the default's language cultureKey, but get directed to the English cultureKey

Kind regards,

Lukas [ed. note: luztra last edited this post 7 years, 11 months ago.]
                  • 4 Posts
                  Tried a fresh install today - All language translations are working using the [[+field]] resource fields... Only the English cultureKey sites are not working.

Error log shows:
                  (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 643) Could not load class: mmlFormtabsTemplate from mysql.mmlformtabstemplate.
                  (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 761) mmlFormtabsTemplate::load() is not a valid static method.
                  (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 643) Could not load class: mmlFormtabs from mysql.mmlformtabs.
                  (ERROR @ /var/www/html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 761) mmlFormtabs::load() is not a valid static method.

When turning off the plugin mml_initCulture, the sites show the English cultureKey correctly...

Can't think of a solution sad [ed. note: luztra last edited this post 7 years, 9 months ago.]
                    • 69 Posts
                    exactly the same problem

might be because of php 7.0.6 /
                    i cant make english working even if i put content after saving no data.
                    all other languages work fine, tried it few times from fresh install no success.
                    probably all this idea with migx context switching is fiasko
                      • 104 Posts
                      Hello,

I passed trought this tread but can't find something that works for me. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a migxmultilang site and I'm trying to make a Breadcrumb work (I tried with BreadCrumb and pdoCrumbs)

When I use pdoCrumbs I get HTTP ERROR 500 on the front end.

I have to say, I also have multiple context who are not all multilangual.

the call
                      [[!pdoCrumbs?
                        &tpl = `breadCrumbTpl`
                        &tplCurrent = `breadCrumbcurrentTpl`
                        &hideSingle=`1`
                        &includeTVs=`mml_pagetitle`
                        &loadModels=`migxmultilang`
                        &prepareSnippet = `mmlTranslatePdoToolsRow`        
                      ]]

breadCrumbTpl:
                      <a href="[[+link]]">[[+mml_ICM_longtitle:default=`[[+longtitle]]`]]</a>

breadCrumbcurrentTpl:
                      [[+mml_ICM_longtitle:default=`[[+longtitle]]`]]

when I use BreadCrumb

I managed to get almost a translation breadcrum working.

the Call :
                      [[!mmlCache?
                        	&element=`BreadCrumb`
                      	&id=`[[*id]]`
                      	&currentCrumbTpl=`@INLINE <li><strong>[[+mml_ICM_longtitle:default=`[[+longtitle]]`]]</strong></li>`
                      	&containerTpl=`@INLINE <ol class="col-md-12 breadcrumb"><li><a href="[[++site_url]]" title="[[++cultureKey:is=`fr`:then=`Accueil`:else=`Home`]]">[[++cultureKey:is=`fr`:then=`Accueil`:else=`Home`]]</a> - [[+id]]</li>[[+crumbs]]</ol>`
                      	&homeCrumbTpl=`@INLINE <li><a href="[[+link]]">[[+mml_ICM_longtitle:default=`[[+longtitle]]`]]</a> - [[+id]]</li>`
                      	&showHomeCrumb=`0`
                      	&includeTVs=`mml_ICM_longtitle` 
                        	&prepareTVs=`1` 
                        	&processTVs=`1`
                        	&tvPrefix=`` 
                        	&prepareTVs=`1`
                        	&loadModels=`migxmultilang`
                        	&prepareSnippet = `mmlTranslatePdoToolsRow`
                      ]]

has you can see in the containerTpl I manualy made it translate the Home, if I don't do that I get only the last child translated (the current page).
                      like this : Home >> Recherche scientifique >> Students
                      has you can see, only the (manualy translated home) and the current page are translated, else they stay in french.