We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    Quote from: Jako at Jan 19, 2016, 10:44 AM
    formit2resource/resource2formit has to move the files from/to the ajaxuploadTarget folder.

When the form gets submitted, aren't the uploaded images (via Ajaxupload) saved to target (&ajaxuploadTarget) directory, and the paths for that files (to &ajaxuploadTarget directory) saved at &ajaxuploadFieldname given field name?
      • 92 Posts
      How can I change the Text of the Upload-Button?
      • Quote from: gordonas at Jan 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
        When the form gets submitted, aren't the uploaded images (via Ajaxupload) saved to target (&ajaxuploadTarget) directory, and the paths for that files (to &ajaxuploadTarget directory) saved at &ajaxuploadFieldname given field name?

Yes but if i.e. formit2resource/resource2formit renames the files or moves them on user/resource base or whatever, you have to move it back to the ajaxuploadTarget. Otherwise AjaxUpload does not fill the upload queue again.
        • Quote from: ichris89 at Jan 27, 2016, 08:05 AM
          How can I change the Text of the Upload-Button?

In the AjaxUpload lexicon.
            • 92 Posts
            Ok, thank you
              • 79 Posts
              Quote from: Jako at Jan 27, 2016, 08:18 AM
              Quote from: gordonas at Jan 19, 2016, 02:00 PM

Yes but if i.e. formit2resource/resource2formit renames the files or moves them on user/resource base or whatever, you have to move it back to the ajaxuploadTarget. Otherwise AjaxUpload does not fill the upload queue again.

I see. Fortunately I dont want to rename or move files.

The thing is that files are not uploading to target directory and I am not getting any error messages. The files are uploading only to Ajaxupload cache folder.
              • Maybe the target folder is not writable for PHP.
                  • 79 Posts
                  Quote from: Jako at Feb 02, 2016, 11:53 PM
                  Maybe the target folder is not writable for PHP.

The error was at &ajaxuploadUid, &uid. They weren't the same so the snippet was failing, but without some error output.

Jako some other thing. I see that the cache files are getting erased after some hours (I think you mentioned 4 hours). That way I cannot edit the queue after that time, cause there are no thumbnails since they get deleted. Is there a way to force ajaxupload, never erase the thumbnails from cache or change the time they remain there? [ed. note: gordonas last edited this post 8 years, 3 months ago.]
                    • 79 Posts
                    Quote from: Jako at Oct 20, 2013, 03:39 PM
                    The upload connector itself is not secured on user permission (this could be provided by changing the connector). Random filenames (for uploads and thumbs) during upload avoid hotlinking of uploaded files that are not moved to target after form submission.

The only problem that could occur is posssible floading the server with uploaded files. Uploaded files stay in cache for 4 hours per default. Automatic purging will executed after each upload. The cache could be cleaned manually by calling AjaxUpload::clearCache(xxx) with other values in xxx.

Hello Jako. How can I increase the time that files stay in cache folder?
                    • In this line

Should be done better in a MODX system setting.