We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • MODXpo 2013 is coming up on November 1 - 2 in Cologne, Germany. Last year, in Utrecht, we saw nearly 180 attendees. This year we'd like to hit 300 attendees, including speakers. Are you planning on coming but haven't purchased your tickets?

I'd also love to know if you are not planning on coming, what's keeping you from joining us in Cologne so we can either make it easier for you to attend or to better organize MODpos in the future.
      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
      • 98 Posts
      The usual barriers: time & money.
        I looked just like that in 1964.
      • Quote from: halfnium at Sep 16, 2013, 07:50 PM
        The usual barriers: time & money.

What would make it a can't miss event. Or, what would make it easier for you to go?
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 953 Posts
          Have to say no to Cologne, the reasons:

1. The main issue being that I don't have the time

2. Have lost a lot of faith in MODX due to the ups & downs about whats going on in the future

3. Am not interested in a verbal about Evo or Revo - there's enough of that in the forums

4. I can only presume this but I imagine the main discussions will probably be about the Cloud and Revo with a possible side note of MODX3

5. Would possibly have made time for it if there had been more transparency about MODX3 beforehand, as it could have been worth the 2 hours drive to learn somethng new.

Others may not agree to my reasons, but that's not a problem smiley

Before i'm PM'd and asked again about this - no i'm not German, I simply live in Germany
          • I Thought I would not be able to attend this year, because I don't have the time to go to a 2 day event which takes about 3-4 days (including hotel) of my time during one of the busiest months of the year. But since there are single day tickets now, that problem is solved and I just ordered one. Just have to leave early and get back home late. smiley

Regarding the "lost faith" in the previous post: I have been there too (Cloud "migration", anyone?), but I am convinced MODX 3 will be even more awesome than Revo already is now. There just isn't any other CMS out there that can compete with this amazing piece of software! And I tried quite a bit of them when I had my doubts about MODX's future. Glad MODX proved me wrong by getting the band back together. smiley

So, no worries and just enjoy the best CMS there is, which also comes with the friendliest community you can even meet in person in Germany this year. smiley
              Jeroen Kenters

MODX Professional | MODX Ambassador | Dutch MODX forums moderator

website | twitter
            • Jeroen; I can't agree more!

As I would be there for two days.. Such a great CMS/Framework and the people behind it (to help us grow!) makes that we should be at MODXpo. I am not going with the idea I will learn something new, not that I know all, but I just see such events as a way to meet all those other guys (and girls) which we're talking with daily/weekly/monthly by the forums and through any other platform.

I also will enjoy the time spending together.
              I cannot more agree, this is a probably the most busiest time, but my loyalty to MODX is huge, my love for MODX is even bigger, so my clients should just accept I am not at my desk those days! That I'm having fun this time where they go on holiday when I need to work ;-)

I think everyone that has the ability should attend MODXpo ("no time" shouldn't be a blocker), to meet the community and to let the community meet you! Last year was amazing and awesome to organize, but also to attend. This year I hope my presence can get me even more involved with everyone.
                MODX Ambassador (NL) & Professional MODX developer
                Follow me on Twitter | Visit my page on Facebook | View my code on Github | View my script posts
                MODX e-commerce solution SimpleCart
              • I'm there - if anything for the social side more than the technical, and most importantly to show my support for all the guys at MODX.
                  GEL STUDIOS
                  MODX Professional | MODX Ambassador

Website | Email | Twitter | Facebook
                • Quote from: gelstudios at Oct 06, 2013, 05:57 PM
                  I'm there - if anything for the social side more than the technical, and most importantly to show my support for all the guys at MODX.

That's the best reason to come!! (Y) me too!
                    MODX Ambassador (NL) & Professional MODX developer
                    Follow me on Twitter | Visit my page on Facebook | View my code on Github | View my script posts
                    MODX e-commerce solution SimpleCart
                  • I'll be there.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                    • I'm there too!!!
                        Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.