We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Making a copy of a template triggers many unexpected result. I narrow down to just one issue: can't save to a template. The current template doesn't allow MODX to save. When I switch to a different template, MODX saves fine. Why is this happening? How to I make the current template work again?
      • 24,544 Posts
      Did you try copying the code in a-new and pasting it back to a?

If that doesn't work, try going into PhpMyAdmin and repairing the DB tables.

Manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory might also be worth a try.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 11 Posts
        Hi Bob,

I just tried copying the code in a-new and pasting it back to a, but no luck. I even wiped out everything in template a and saved blank and still no luck.

The site is running MODX Evo 1.0.6; therefore, I wiped out everything in the assets/cache and still no luck.

I ran command lines to to repair and optimize databases (
        mysqlcheck -Aor -u root -p
        ), still no luck. I even compare a and a-new in PhpMyAdmin and both look identical.

Is it possible that somehow template a's permission has changed? Is there a CHMOD permission for template inside the database?

My last resort I am thinking of is to upgrade MODX to 1.0.10 to see if that fixes the issue. Is that a good move?
          • 11 Posts
          I dig deep further and it turns out to be not the template, but a snippet. Any idea, why would a snippet not saved?

Thanks.
            • 24,544 Posts
            Do you mean that a snippet tag in the resource or template is causing the trouble? What's the snippet tag?
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting