We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    Hi,

Is it possible to have a resource list tv with migx?

My form tab looks like this:
    [
    {"caption":"Image upload", "fields":[
    {"field":"text","caption":"Link text","inputTV":"text"},
    {"field":"link","caption":"Link","inputTV":"resourceList"}  
    ]}
    ] 

but I just get a standard text field.

thanks,
    G
      Eighth day design
      Design agency with offices in Edinburgh and Brighton
      • 81 Posts
      I think the forum ate your code. smiley Want to try that again?
        • 81 Posts
        Never mind, it's there, but it displays below the footer... How odd. I'll take a look.
          • 81 Posts
          In this case, unless you have specific requirements for your text tv, you don't have to create one. Simply specifying one in the MIGX config seems to work, but you need to create an actual Resources List TV which MIGX can attach to.

So, you'll need to create a TV called 'resourceList' for this to work. If you have already done so, then I'm not sure what's going on.
            • 143 Posts
            thank you, I had the wrong idea about inputTV I thought it had to be the name of the the tv type. Also nice to know you do not have to create basic text tvs.
              Eighth day design
              Design agency with offices in Edinburgh and Brighton
              • 40 Posts
              wouldnt your code work if you replace "inputTV" with "inputTVtype"? See http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/MIGX.Backend-Usage

Quote from: eighthday at Mar 21, 2013, 09:28 AM
              thank you, I had the wrong idea about inputTV I thought it had to be the name of the the tv type. Also nice to know you do not have to create basic text tvs.
                • 436 Posts
                Resource list TVs work in MigX but in my experience you get the resource number displayed in the manger end rather than the URL or resource name. They render fine with processTVs turned on in the front end, but don't appear to be processed in the backend.
                  • 81 Posts
                  Quote from: masakia at Mar 25, 2013, 08:53 PM
                  wouldnt your code work if you replace "inputTV" with "inputTVtype"? See http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/MIGX.Backend-Usage

True, that should work as described. Also, I think the reason that 'inputTV: text' works is probably because it's the default inputTVtype.
                    • 436 Posts
                    Quote from: MokoJumbie at Mar 25, 2013, 11:36 PM
                    True, that should work as described. Also, I think the reason that 'inputTV: text' works is probably because it's the default inputTVtype.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'inputTVtype' not allow for any customisation? For example with a Resource List TV, you wouldn't be able to limit the list to a specific parent container.
                      • 81 Posts
                      Quote from: absent42 at Mar 25, 2013, 11:20 PM
                      Resource list TVs work in MigX but in my experience you get the resource number displayed in the manger end rather than the URL or resource name. They render fine with processTVs turned on in the front end, but don't appear to be processed in the backend.

FYI, There are some notes and links to related issues filed in http://tracker.modx.com/issues/7084. Although this bug is marked resolved, I continue to have the issue where the ID shows up rather than the name. Please feel free to chime in on the tracker if you have findings to add.