We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Please use this thread to post general feedback or generic questions re mxFormBuilder.

Cheers
      Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
      Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
      • 305 Posts
      OK I am trying to add both CAPTCHA and a submit button to each of my forms. We will tackle CAPTCHA in another post. I did find that I can add a submit button by adding a field, but the button does not work properly. Here are my submit field properties:
      Field Label: Submit
      Type: Button Submit (3)
      Reuired and Active both checked.

The button shows on the form but when I click the button nothing happens (except the page refreshes and I lose my data. Any idea how to get this button to submit my form?
        Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
        • 305 Posts
        Does anyone have the button showing on one of their MXFormBuilder? If so can you please tell me how to add the working submit button?
          Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
          • 384 Posts
          Hi wbbuilder? Any updates on this?
            • 305 Posts
            No I have not figured out how to add the submit button. The documentation does not cover the submit and how to add CAPTCHA. You are my first response. Shame this module was very easy to install and run (even better than FormIt), so I was thinking of using it on all my sites.

Instead I need to move on, my client wants his website completed. I have uninstalled on the current project and am today trying the FormZ Builder to see how that works. If/when someone provides feedback I will try on a different instalation because I really like the interface and ease of use when it comes to adding form fields.

I was going to post the results here in the forum, so others would also know how to add this button. Since I no longer have this installed I cannot do this, but would be very happy if someone else would post. So next time we have all have the instructions. [ed. note: wbbuilder last edited this post 10 years, 4 months ago.]
              • 384 Posts
              Have you tried emailing Charles directly? It could be just that he's busy or unaware there is a question here waiting.

This however is one of the problems with 3rd party Add Ons. You're at the mercy of customer support from a 3rd party. :-/
                • 305 Posts
                I did not email Charles directly. I suspected that he would get an e-mail notification of these replies as he started this post. I was also hoping others who may have proper working forms would have piped in, it loooks like there were several in the bug posts, and nobody commented on the submit button issue. I also did not want to bother him knowing that this extra is free instead of paid.
                • Hello wbbuilder,

You have two things here, so the first is the submit button. When you create the field in the form you should not mark it as required, the only checkbox should be the "active". That should allow the form to submit without any failed validations.

Then as for the captcha, my goal was to avoid this with the use of the simple spam (honey pot) and the built in CSFR blocking. However the ability to use the hooks will allow you to add in CAPTCHA with a little effort. I'll work on getting this documented so that its available for everyone on RTFM.

Cheers

Quote from: wbbuilder at Nov 18, 2013, 12:56 PM
                  No I have not figured out how to add the submit button. The documentation does not cover the submit and how to add CAPTCHA. You are my first response. Shame this module was very easy to install and run (even better than FormIt), so I was thinking of using it on all my sites.

Instead I need to move on, my client wants his website completed. I have uninstalled on the current project and am today trying the FormZ Builder to see how that works. If/when someone provides feedback I will try on a different instalation because I really like the interface and ease of use when it comes to adding form fields.

I was going to post the results here in the forum, so others would also know how to add this button. Since I no longer have this installed I cannot do this, but would be very happy if someone else would post. So next time we have all have the instructions.
                    • 305 Posts
                    Charles,

I did find the submit button in the drop-down after some playing around, and at one time I did uncheck the required and tried a few submissions. The page did not redirect and I did not see an error or success message. My entered text disappeared and nothing happened other than the page refreshing. So I thought the submit buton was not working or connected properly.

I am finding that the cache is stubborn, so perhaps I was looking at old cache and gave up too quickly. I just didn't know. Anyway it really is that simple? Pretty cool.

I have already uninstalled this module and in deep into Formz Builder but might just re-install again and try once more. Before I do is there a SPAM filter of sorts? I recall one in the drop-down fields and tested here as well, but also did not see any type of images or any SPAM field display after creating. Looked like a regular field. Basically I was confused as to how to use this to prevent SPAM. Suggesions on this SPAM field would also benefit me greatly if you don't mind.
                    • Spam currently off the shelf does not utilize any third part services, reCaptcha, it uses a simple honey pot which is the empty hidden form field. Yes, this is a limited solution for bots and is usually a quick first line of defence without being obtrusive to end users. Then the next level currently requires using hooks to support the other captcha type services. This I'm strongly considering adding in by default as its commonly requested.

My objective when initially created was to make a secure form without comprimising user experience. These is why the services like reCAPTCHA are not included currently by default. Note above though, I believe this will be added in the next release. What captcha service is your preferred provider?

See attached image for my traditional use of the Simple Spam, aka Honey Pot, to prevent bots. There are other techniques used to prevent spam that are active by default and require no action on your part. I've found that the simple honey pot will block a large portion of spam and keep your users happy. Only on rare cases in my personal approach do I add in captcha as the valid (non-spam) submission rate greatly drops once a captcha service was added.

Cheers

Quote from: wbbuilder at Nov 18, 2013, 08:37 PM

I have already uninstalled this module and in deep into Formz Builder but might just re-install again and try once more. Before I do is there a SPAM filter of sorts? I recall one in the drop-down fields and tested here as well, but also did not see any type of images or any SPAM field display after creating. Looked like a regular field. Basically I was confused as to how to use this to prevent SPAM. Suggesions on this SPAM field would also benefit me greatly if you don't mind.