We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 149 Posts
    Their docs can'not contain info about all buttons of all plugins.
    As for me, it is easier to look into the plugin source to find all I need smiley
    But of course, there should be convenient way to configure toolbar. BTW, it is not recommended to use inline styles. Use css classes or strong, em, b, u tags if applicable.
      • 384 Posts
      Lovely work. I'm late to the party but really like the UI and the monotone buttons.
      Any further developments on the ability to search for resources within the link popup window?
        • 1 Posts
        Hey everybody. I'm trying out ModX to see if I can switch over from Wordpress and will the ModX suit my needs.

I'm trying to see if I can add custom css classes to some parts of my blogposts right from WYSIWYG editor.

TinyMCE can do that, I link editor_css_path to my css and I have all the classes I need, but some other things like wrapping a couple of paragraphs in one div I wasn't able to do.

So I tried CKEditor and loved it simple beautiful and the fact that it has Show Blocks option made me wanna kiss it. But I cannot seem to add custom css classes to use inside editor. There is styles drop-down menu but it has predefined styles.

So the question is can I add custom classes so I can style my content from CKEditor?

Thank you all!
          • 149 Posts
          Any further developments on the ability to search for resources within the link popup window?
          People always ask me about this feature. I think I have to implement it )

So the question is can I add custom classes so I can style my content from CKEditor?
          1) CKEditor has own interpretation of css classes, called "styles". "Style" differs from css class. Style is the tag + class. But I am not fond of this kind of such interpretation.
          2) CKEditor can parse content css file and grab "styles". But my package does not this feature. I'm going to add this to package.
            • 14 Posts
            Quote from: danya_postfactum at Jul 02, 2013, 09:25 AM
            People always ask me about this feature. I think I have to implement it )

Yes that should be great. D'n'D is cool but not that easy when you have lots of resources.

2) CKEditor can parse content css file and grab "styles". But my package does not this feature. I'm going to add this to package.

Really a must have feature!
            Btw do you know where the default styles (in the Styles menu) are defined?
            I didn't find it (I am probably going to override them manually meanwhile).

Anyway many thanks for adapting Ckeditor to Modx (now I can get rid of TinyMCE ;-)
              • 143 Posts
              I have been trying to add some extra buttons to ckeditor in revolution and have yet to figure out where the config file sis to change the buttons, can anyone help?

thanks
                • 47 Posts
                add some extra buttons
                It depends if you're talking built-in buttons or custom ones. To change the built-in buttons on the toolbar you just change the ckeditor.toolbar setting in System Settings to include or exclude the buttons you want (and see http://ckeditor.com/ckeditor_4.1rc/samples/plugins/toolbar/toolbar.html).
                To add extra ones, they need to exist in {manager_path}/assets/components/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins. Then you add the name of the plugin in the ckeditor.extra_plugins System Setting.

Btw do you know where the default styles (in the Styles menu) are defined?
                The folder {manager_path}/assets/components/ckeditor/ contains modx.htmleditor.js, styles.js and config.js. The styles.js file is where you can override the Styles drop down manually.
                  • 10 Posts
                  Thanks for integrating this editor into MODx! I really like it. However, there is one problem that prevents me from using it which is the missing German ('de') localization. However, I noticed that it's available in the official CKSource releases. So it would be really great if you could add it also to this Modx add-on.
                    • 534 Posts
                    Quote from: quirks at Jul 17, 2013, 03:16 PM
                    Thanks for integrating this editor into MODx! I really like it. However, there is one problem that prevents me from using it which is the missing German ('de') localization. However, I noticed that it's available in the official CKSource releases. So it would be really great if you could add it also to this Modx add-on.

I actually just tried to switch to german interface language, sadly with no success...I downloaded the de.js language file from the official ckeditor download (a lot of languages seem to be missing in modx ckeditor) and copied it to manager/assets/components/ckeditor/ckeditor/lang/, I also translated the lexicon file (but this one doesn't have an effect on the ui)...cleared the cache but in the manager ckeditor still uses the english interface language, so I went to manager/assets/components/ckeditor/modx.ckeditor.js and checked if this gets set correctly, and it does, when I console.log(MODx.config['manager_language']); then I get de...but still the language is english...so no idea why this doesn't get respected...any idead dyna?

Pull request sent: https://github.com/danyaPostfactum/modx-ckeditor/pull/6 [ed. note: exside last edited this post 10 years, 8 months ago.]
                      • 2 Posts

Has this feature been implemented yet? I really need to be able to use the site's styles in the back-end editor. Mainly for Non-techie editors. If not anyone know of a way to implement this?