We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    After 2 hours mucking round with things in the filesystem, installing codemirror instead, going through documentation and searching posts on these forums all the while thinking "surely this shouldn't be hard to do??" I finally found the 'properties' tab on the codemirror plugin, and changed the theme setting. Presumably there is something similar for the Ace plugin, but I can't find it. Guess I'm using codemirror for the moment, but it'd be nice to be able to activate a different theme in Ace.
      • 6 Posts
      finally finally found it in the main System settings, Editor theme.
      Was there somewhere I could have found this information easily? It feels like there should have been.
        • 15 Posts
        Quote from: danya_postfactum at Dec 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
        Feel free to leave comments and suggestions for Ace Editor.
        Hello,
        I use Modx Revo + MiniShop2 + pdoTools. All worked good, but when i have installed Ace component, my manager panel (right part of this one) have been cleaned.
        At current moment i have clean right part of manager panel. If i click to any menus in panel, right part this one is always empty.

apache logs are clean.

P.S. i tried off compression of CSS/JS. It wasnt solve the problem.
          • 62 Posts
          First of all, awesome Extra man!

Maybe someone already reported these hickups in release "ace-1.6.3-pl":

- The syntax highlighting for CSS is broken.
          - Also, the CTRL+f and CTRL+h are no longer functioning shortcuts.

Thanks,
          Lars
            Keep it SIMPLX
            • 81 Posts
            Hi larscwallin.
            What version of your MODx?

P.S. Please, always specify at least what version of MODx you have, for finding solutions.
              • 6 Posts
              Quote from: alex_dutch at Aug 17, 2015, 04:26 PM
              Hi larscwallin.
              What version of your MODx?

P.S. Please, always specify at least what version of MODx you have, for finding solutions.

Same problem here. Syntax highlighting for SCSS not working since 1.6.3. MODX 2.4.0.
              Reinstaled back to 1.5.1 and all is fine.

Cache cleared, nothing in error log.
              • +1 on CSS highlighting. Version 1.5.1 was the latest one where if you have a static chunk pointing to a CSS file for example, you would get CSS highlighting. But since 1.5.1 it hasn't worked. Only if you edit the CSS file directly.

This is in MODX 2.3.->2.4 any patch release, since Ace > 1.5.1
                  [sepiariver.com] (https://sepiariver.com/)
                  • 1 Posts
                  Hi,
                  I'm trying to get the autocomplete funktiononality to work also for scss files like for css files.
                  The highlighting works fine but witch file do I have to add for the autocomplete?

Thanks
                    • 88 Posts
                    i just replaced CodeMirror with ACE & love the styles - but i REALLY liked the way CM auto-expanded the textarea height to fill the space. it provided for a much larger code area, but still within the page area to still see & have quick access to everything else. i like the fullscreen option for "sometimes" but not when i need to bounce around & make several quick edits here'n'there.
                    (note: i went in to the "assets/components/ace/modx.textarea.js" & bumped the "left" css attribute from 0 to 250px to at least keep the file tree in view).

also another problem occurred when i change the theme to a dark theme... scrollbars go missing!

i've been scouring the net & the code for clues on how to fix, but have come up empty. please help. thx.
                      • 88 Posts
                      FYI - i found a fix for the scrollbar thing...
                      https://github.com/ajaxorg/ace/issues/2872

add...
                      .ace_scrollbar-inner {
                        background-color: white;
                        opacity: 0.01;
                      }

to the theme's css in its js file.

FYI2 - as for the expanded view, i've found nothing. i hate modifying the core/orig code, but in this case, that's what i did.
                      i edited the
                      ~/assets/components/ace/modx.texteditor.js

line 273 where it gives the CSS for the ".ace_maximized" style.
                      i just changed the "top, left, right, & bottom" attributes to my liking.
                      [ed. note: syberknight last edited this post 7 years, 10 months ago.]