We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Is there an example of the full snippet from the example given back in October? I’ve gotten eform working. I’ve gotten eForm2db inserting rows in the MySQL table with each eform submission, but it’s not inserting any data.

I’ve got a feeling that I’m missing a part of the snippet.

Also, are there future plans to make eForm2db so that it accepts parameters like eform does? I’d like to have one instance of eForm2db running and then manipulate the variables for each form that needs it.
    • Give me a moment and I’ll provide something for you! wink
        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
        Pixelchutes, your timing couldn’t be better. I’ve been working on converting one of my employers Web sites to MODx, but without eform2db, the project will be scrapped. My clients always want their data dumped back to MySQL. Appreciate the help.

• Quote from: melriks at Jan 12, 2007, 12:19 AM

Pixelchutes, your timing couldn’t be better. I’ve been working on converting one of my employers Web sites to MODx, but without eform2db, the project will be scrapped. My clients always want their data dumped back to MySQL. Appreciate the help.

I have sent you a PM laugh
            [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            I’m looking to expand this article about form population on the wiki, perhaps pixelchutes could offer some revisions?
            • Quote from: sirlancelot at Jan 12, 2007, 05:40 AM

I’m looking to expand this article about form population on the wiki, perhaps pixelchutes could offer some revisions?

Nice write up! wink I’d be happy to, once a little free time swings my way!
                Quote from: sirlancelot at Jan 12, 2007, 05:40 AM

Nice article indeed but what is this line of code in the snippet quoted in the wiki article?
                <?php
                $evt =& $modx->event; // The Snippet call event (not eFormOnBeforeFormParse event)
                ?>

New to me that snippet parameters are available through the modx event object without the use of a plugin huh Aren’t you missing something essential in the tutorial?
                  • 576 Posts
                  Quote from: TobyL at Jan 15, 2007, 06:49 AM

but what is this line of code in the snippet quoted in the wiki article?
                  I’ve updated the wiki with some extra linkage, however the API pages aren’t completely documented yet, but I think the article explains line 8 a little better.

Thanks for the input!
                    • 2 Posts
                    Hi,

I’m new to Modx but I suspect it to be of great interest...

I’m very interested in this eform2db snippet and I wonder if someone has used this snippet to dynamically generate back office forms.

My idea is to create a table structure by hand and then have modx generate dynamically the form to handle this table’s data (a back office page).

A modx admin would be able to remove some fields (ids,...) from the form by unticking the unwanted fields (he’s able to configure the form).
                    The normal user would only get the ticked fields (he gets the configured form).

I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to avoid the creation of forms when ’all’ the work has already been done on the DB side...

Am I dreaming ?

Mouskam
                    • MODx itself is a dream--that’s the beauty. When in the world of MODx, limitations end only with your imagination.

I am currently using eForm / eForm2db methods to populate dynamic forms/assessments/surveys based of of database table definitions, and also am using eForm2db to capture/calculate assessment scores, lead capture data, etc. ...all on a multitude of production web sites.

It can be done.