We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 149 Posts
    Updated CKEditor integration:
    CKEditor 1.1.0

====================================

- MODx file browser integration

- richtext TV support

- Custom Resource Classes (Articles for ex.) support

- Improved drag'd'drop from trees (insert images directly from File Tree)

- Fixed Ctrl+S shorcut

- Extra plugins setting

- Editor skin setting
      • 143 Posts
      Just installed v1.1.0, first time with CKEditor at all though I used to used FCK way back when...

On install the console shows "Console running..." and nothing else. The OK button is active. I was expecting more "entertainment" and a confirmation of a successful install. Now I'm not sure if it did install correctly.

Being pedantic - since the actual version of this is v1.1.x, is it possible to change the thread subject from v4.0? I saw that v4, looked at my v1 install, and immediately started looking to see if I had the wrong version.

More later. Thanks for your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Loved ModX when I was using it a few years ago. Shifted to WordPress, sorry. Thanks, all.
        • 149 Posts
        I have removed confusing version number smiley
        CKEditor requires /manager/assets/ folder to be writable. If you can use CKEditor as resource editor, then you have installed it successfully...

MODx console sometimes has no output, especially if you install a second package in a row.
          • 143 Posts
          Yeah, it's working.

I was hoping that we could disable the editor response to ctrl-s which I to save everything. Perhaps this is what @sottwell was talking about with Safari. I'm using FF17/Win7. For now I just mouse click somewhere outside the RTE and then ctrl-s.

What's the expected behavior here, and what customizations are available? I might not be understanding this implementation.

Thanks!
            Loved ModX when I was using it a few years ago. Shifted to WordPress, sorry. Thanks, all.
            • 149 Posts
            This is strange. Just tested it in FF17/Win7 - works as expected - saves editing resource. I have no idea how to figure out your problem. Is any error in your browser console (Ctrl+Shift+K)?
              • 143 Posts
              Grr, sorry, my mistake, seems to be fine.
                • 24,544 Posts
                I have the blank Console often in Chrome. It almost always happens after doing something in Package Manager (usually searching locally for packages, but sometimes installing one). Reloading the page will always cure it for me (and prevent it if you reload the page before running anything that uses the Console).
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 573 Posts
                  thanks for this, I have changed the Toolbar string in system settings, but the interface does not get updated - is there something else I need to do?
                    • 149 Posts
                    g5604, make sure you change items properties of toolbar groups
                      • 573 Posts
                      thank you danya_postfactum.

Just a note to anyone entering a custom toolbar string, you have to be very careful the string is in the correct format or the right hand content area in the manager becomes inaccessible. To get it back, right click ckEditor in the element > plugin panel and tick Disabled and then you can fix the incorrect string under system settings. [ed. note: g5604 last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]