We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 701 Posts
    Hi
    I'm getting a strange issue when trying to edit a MIGX row in modx manager. It only happens to rows using a richtext TV and have nest tags. So a <p> tag with sa <a> or a <span>. For example:
    <p><a href="#">A link</a></p>

or
    <p><span>Some text</span></p>

What happens is if you right click the row then edit, the overlay pops up with loading but just hangs, then another Error overlay displays with "Error - Unexpected token <:" and then strangely the front end of the site loads just below this text but still within the Error overlay.

Then all the resources within the left hand tree menu of manger turn bold so look as if they are the active page being edited. Then if you hover over these link you can see the url has changed from
    somedomain.com/manager/#
    to
    somedomain.com/#
    So when you click on the link you get taken to front end as apposed to edit page for that resource.

I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue with the instal of modx as i've moved it around to another hosts and don't get the issue.

Also don't think it's a mysql issue as if I add a hyperlink, click done in the MIGX overlay then go to re edit i get the issue. So it's happening without saving the resource to the DB.

It's using modx 2.2.4

PHP: 5.2.17
    mysql: 5.0.96

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Ben
    [ed. note: bennyb last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
      • 701 Posts
      Whats it mean when a phpinfo file for SERVER_SOFTWARE has just the value "apache" and not a version number. So i'm getting:

SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache

Where as normally i'd get something like:

SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache/2.2.22
        • 5,888 Posts
        tinyMCE seems not to work as it should together with MIGX on some OS/Browsers
          -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
          • 701 Posts
          Hi Bruno, I don't think it's related to the OS/Browser as don't get the issue on a copy of the site using a different host or local copy. It's just this particular server. I've also tried latest versions of chrome/safari/FF on both mac and PC

Thanks

Ben
            • 5,888 Posts
              -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
              • 701 Posts
              Similar but don't get the Internal Server Error message. The overlay message has the unexpected token text and just realised it then displays the 404 page which at the moment is set to the home page in the system setting.

Remove "Version X" add on, whats that mean?
                • 338 Posts
                I'm getting a very similar error.

I've tried following the fancybox tutorial and Mark Hamstra's How to: Managing Galleries with MIGX. I get the same error in both cases.

When I click "Add Item"

A pop-up with MIGX says "Loading..." then another "Error" popup appears with the following:

I get "Unexpected token <:" when using Chrome
                And "Syntax error:" when usin IE 9 and Firefox

Followed by the error_page for my site

I'm using:
                revo 2.2.5
                migx 2.3.2
                extJS 3.4.0
                php 5.2.17

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                Mike
                  • 338 Posts
                  .... and i get this in the error log:

(ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error 42S02 executing statement:
                  Array
                  (
                  [0] => 42S02
                  [1] => 1146
                  [2] => Table 'mysite_mydatabase.modx_migx_configs' doesn't exist
                  )
                  • Did you run the MIGx setup? That error usually means the tables were not created after installation.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 338 Posts
                      Quote from: sottwell at Nov 21, 2012, 09:53 PM
                      Did you run the MIGx setup? That error usually means the tables were not created after installation.

Do you mean did I install it in the package manager? If so, yes I did.
                      Is there another set up stage that I am unaware of?

Looking in the database there are no migx tables.

Mike