We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    Is here anyone who can write me step by step how to create dynamic drop down list with MIGX? What I need is a list of Regions, List of Districts depending on chosen Region and a list of Towns & Villages depending on Chosen District. It is supposed to contain about 3000 towns and villages for all districts so the best way would be to place them in txt file as comma separated list or something.
    Thanks
      • 5,888 Posts
      are you talking about having this three dropdowns in the MIGX - window - form?

then you can try the dddx - TV.
      Create a xpdo-schema with three custom - tables for Regions,Districts, and towns with proper defined relations

and create your processors for your dddx-group. for examples see
      https://github.com/Bruno17/dddx/tree/master/core/components/dddx/processors/mgr/gallery_albums
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 23 Posts
        Thanks alot. I am not sure if I will be able to handle it as my xpdo schema experience equals zero smiley but I will try that and if I will have some problem I will post my code here so you'll can put me to right direction.
        But very first question what $packageName I am supposed to use in xpdo schema?
        What I need is a standalone TV that will allow to select only district located in previously selected Region and same for a town located in previously located district, but on the other hand I need to output it as three separate TVs as these will be used as links to pages for particular location.
          • 5,888 Posts
          your schema could be as simple as this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          <model package="townsselector" baseClass="xPDOObject" platform="mysql" defaultEngine="MyISAM" version="1.1">
              <object class="tsRegion" table="ts_regions" extends="xPDOSimpleObject">
                  <field key="region" dbtype="varchar" precision="255" phptype="string" null="false" default=""/>
                  <aggregate alias="Districts" class="tsDistrict" foreign="region_id" local="id" cardinality="many" owner="local"/>

</object>
              <object class="tsDistrict" table="ts_districts" extends="xPDOSimpleObject">
                  <field key="district" dbtype="varchar" precision="255" phptype="string" null="false" default=""/>
                  <field key="region_id" dbtype="int" precision="11" phptype="integer" null="false" default="0" index="index" />

<aggregate alias="Region" class="tsRegion" local="region_id" foreign="id" cardinality="one" owner="foreign"/>
                  <aggregate alias="Towns" class="tsTown" foreign="district_id" local="id" cardinality="many" owner="local"/>
              </object> 
              <object class="tsTown" table="ts_towns" extends="xPDOSimpleObject">
                  <field key="town" dbtype="varchar" precision="255" phptype="string" null="false" default=""/>
                  <field key="district_id" dbtype="int" precision="11" phptype="integer" null="false" default="0" index="index" />

<aggregate alias="District" class="tsDistrict" local="district_id" foreign="id" cardinality="one" owner="foreign"/>
              </object>          
          </model>

this step shows, how to create your package with help of MIGXdb:
          http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/MIGXdb.Create+doodles+manager+with+help+of+MIGXdb#MIGXdb.CreatedoodlesmanagerwithhelpofMIGXdb-CreateanewPackageandschemafile

replace 'doodles' with 'townsselector' for your packagename [ed. note: Bruno17 last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]

Thanks!
            • 23 Posts
            I followed everything as in MIGXdb tutorial above but something goes wrong. Folder and tables were created properly but it displays "undefined" in Components->MIGX->townsselector and I found following errors in error log.

[2012-10-10 18:23:04] (ERROR @ /assets/components/migx/connector.php) addPackage called with an invalid package name.
            [2012-10-10 18:23:04] (ERROR @ /assets/components/migx/connector.php) No class specified for loadClass
            [2012-10-10 18:23:04] (ERROR @ /assets/components/migx/connector.php) No class specified for loadClass
            [2012-10-10 18:23:04] (ERROR @ /assets/components/migx/connector.php) ::getSelectColumns() is not a valid static method.
            [2012-10-10 18:23:04] (ERROR @ /assets/components/migx/connector.php) Could not load class
            [2012-10-10 18:23:04] (ERROR @ /assets/components/migx/connector.php) ::loadCollection() is not a valid static method.
              • 5,888 Posts
              If the classes and tables are created, all should be fine so far. The other stuff is only needed, when you want to edit this table(s) from a CMP.
              You will need now to add some test-content into this tables and add the relation - ids. This can be done for example by phpmyadmin.

You will also need to install the dddx-package from github.

Then you are ready to create your dropdowns. Will explain it later, when you have done it so far.

Thanks!
                • 23 Posts
                I tried to open dddx-1.1.0-pl.transport.zip but it looks that archive is corrupted as I am unable to open it with any program even with default Win7 explorer. And by the way I really appreciate your help. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. Is it possible to add more fields to towns table and generate it as TVs let's say population, area, field for storing image name of coat of arms and similar data?
                  • 5,888 Posts
                  try to download it from here:
                  https://github.com/Bruno17/dddx/downloads

copy it to your packages folder
                  go to your package-management -> search locally for new packages
                  install the package

Of course, you can add as many fields to your table as you want and can manage the records by MIGXdb

you will need first to modify the db-schema, then create the tables.
                  its also possible to add new fields to an existing table, by adding new fields to the schema.
                  then adding the new fields to the table and map-files with help of the MIGX-packagemanager by just one (or two) mouseclicks [ed. note: Bruno17 last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]

Thanks!
                    • 23 Posts
                    OK that one worked perfect. I have added sample data to all tables and installed dddx. So what are the next steps?
                      • 5,888 Posts
                      now you can create your three dddx-TVs

name: tsRegion
                      input type: dynamic_dropdown
                      dddx Group: townsselector
                      first row text: -- choose Region --
                      packagename: townsselector
                      classname: tsRegion
                      idfield: id
                      namefield: region

name: tsDistrict
                      input type: dynamic_dropdown