We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Cool! smiley
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • I tried adding 'use_flock'=>false into the $config_options array on 2.2.5-dev 20120913 and everything stopped functioning. Is it implemented in this release or is this a bug?

[18-Sep-2012 21:49:24 UTC] PHP Warning:  array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #2 is not an array in /mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/model/modx/modx.class.php on line 2354
      [18-Sep-2012 21:49:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'modContext_' not found in /mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php on line 761
      • Quote from: pyrographics at Sep 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
        I tried adding 'use_flock'=>false into the $config_options array on 2.2.5-dev 20120913 and everything stopped functioning. Is it implemented in this release or is this a bug?

[18-Sep-2012 21:49:24 UTC] PHP Warning:  array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #2 is not an array in /mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/model/modx/modx.class.php on line 2354
        [18-Sep-2012 21:49:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'modContext_' not found in /mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php on line 761
        It's implemented, and I cannot reproduce this. Are you sure something else didn't change at the same time?
        • I tried it twice with the same result. I remove it and delete the contents of the cache folder and it functions. I add it back in and delete the cache and it whites out. It is a staging site I updated from 2.2.4 on Rackspace Cloud Sites. I guess it is possible some old file remained. I'll set up a brand new test site and try to duplicate without any packages installed.
          • Yes, it also happens on a clean install on Rackspace Cloud Sites. Same errors in the log. I can set up a clean site for you if it will help. Also shows this error:

[18-Sep-2012 22:35:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/cache/resource/web/resources//mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/cache/resource/web/resources/1.cache.php-5058f73f61a00.lock) [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/mysite/web/content/core/xpdo/cache/xpdocachemanager.class.php on line 275

It appears the path is duplicated in file_put_contents to the lock file.
            • Interesting. Let me dig in and I'll get it sorted.
              • I changed line 274 in xpdocachemanager.class.php to this and everything starts working.

$tmpLockFile = dirname($file) . '/' . uniqid(basename($file) . '-') . $this->getOption(xPDO::OPT_LOCKFILE_EXTENSION, $options, '.lock');

This also makes the first site I reported function with no errors but I haven't checked to see if the file locks are actually working. [ed. note: pyrographics last edited this post 11 years, 7 months ago.]
                • Awesome catch pyrographics. Fixed and pushed to release-2.2 in git. I'll get a new build out with this and several other patches in it later this afternoon.
                  • Thanks. The alternative file locking method seems to correct many other MODX quirks and slowness on the RS Cloud environment. Thank you very much for addressing it!
                      • 16 Posts
                      we tried making the changes posted on https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/702b29e3e213410b3d41bfd856a87c4e7d1298aa
                      However we still experience the random blank pages.

Is anyone else still experiencing this? We're on rackspace cloud.
                      We've just upgraded entirely to 2.2.5 in hopes that it would now work, so far it's been a day and the error hasn't occurred.