We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    Hello ppl.

14.06.2007: An Updated printable documentation - A5 book - for ModX 0.96
    Here you can find the current documentation in printable format (20/06/2007): http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Portable_documentation
    Also, there is an .pdf file with ModX documentation for reading.

Short instructions:
    The book have 114 A4 pages. This mean 228 A5 pages.
    To result a book in A5 format, you will open the .pdf file that is in this .zip and print on A4 format pages 58-144. After that, put again printed pages in the printer and print pages 2-57.
    After that, you will cut printed pages in the middle of A4, so will result A5 pages. The exterior margins of A4 will be the interior margins of the book.

I do that for the following reason: Most inkjet printers have bottom margin ~ 1.3cm. To make possible for book have ~4 mm exterior margins, I have to do this trick to save some page space.

Important note:
    - Faces is 1-57; Back is 58-114; Correspondence is Face-1=Back; Or Face=Back+1
    - Page correspondence is like that: 2-58; 3-59; 4-60 ....
    For that reason I’m asking you to print 1-57, remove first page (1) and after that print 58-114.
    - On printing you must do "Fit to printer margins" so the page number to be printed.

14.06.2007: An Updated printable documentation for ModX 0.96
    Here you can find the current documentation in portable format (10/11/2006): http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Portable_documentation

In general, I like to have hard books. Anyway ... for most open source project (especially who is growing fast), there isn’t hard paper. I like to have it and read it.
    So, I make some hard documentation who is up to current date in the following formats:
    MODx_A4_Word_97-2003.doc; MODx.mht; MODx_A4.pdf; MODx_A5_book.pdf
    so ... is self explained (I hope)
    What I want to mention: If you intend to use the MODx_A5_book.pdf:
    - Page 1-32 is facing pages of the book
    - Page 33-64 is verso pages of the book
    One more thing: the correspondence is face number --> back number -1; or face number+1--> back number
    Since the page 1 is the cover, I recommend to print back pages from 33-64, and then front pages from 2-32
    - Print the first page on 160-200 g paper (this is for book face)
    Now, you must to have 2 A5 formats put on 1 A4, and if you cut this stack on the middle of the A4, you will
    have an book in format A5, writed on both faces.
    This was an trick for who own an ink printer that have pretty large printing margins.
    So, the middle line where you cut the stack will be after all the exterior margins of the book. What to do next
    is to bind the book (I can suggest direction on that, but this is another subject)
    I hope that I was understand, because is 3 a.m. here.

Ok.

Maybe, from time to time, when the docs will change a lot, or when you will say, I will remake the books.

Have a nice day ppl.
      • 23 Posts
      I give it up until tomorow. I can’t upload
      MODx_doc 97-2003.zip
      MODx_A4_pdf.zip
      MODx_mht.zip
      MODx_A5_pdf.zip
      ... It took me 1 hour to make it and I spend 1 hour to try to upload.... with various error: timeout, dimensions, contact admin....
      In other order... rar is unacceptable but zip is.. .why?
      I will retry tomorow.
        • 1,097 Posts
        There were some timeouts here in the last hour. Don’t try at 11am-ish your time, as that time often has timeouts too!
          No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
          MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
          Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
          Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
          Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
          MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
        • Time outs should be much better now. I don’t know what just caused that last bout, but the backups have been adjusted not to slam the server.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 70 Posts
            BTW, it’s good job. Thanks for nice e-book.
              • 23 Posts
              Ok.

I still can’t upload... timeouts...
              I will do the followings:
              Put the files on my server with the following request: somebody upload files here, because I have only 30K upload. Thank you.
              www.kevero.com/MODx_A4_pdf.zip
              www.kevero.com/MODx_A4_Word_97-2003.zip
              www.kevero.com/MODx_mht.zip
              Attentions: is case sensitive.

Have a nice day ppl.
                • 5 Posts
                Quote from: nlcluigi at Oct 03, 2006, 09:20 AM

Ok.

I still can’t upload... timeouts...
                I will do the followings:
                Put the files on my server with the following request: somebody upload files here, because I have only 30K upload. Thank you.
                Attentions: is case sensitive.

Have a nice day ppl.
                Not Found
                The requested URL /MODx_A4_Word_97-2003.zip was not found on this server.
                  • 93 Posts
                  Same problem here: "The requested URL /MODx_A4_Word_97-2003.zip was not found on this server."

If you can deliver the documents to me, I will upload them on my server...
                    • 23 Posts
                    Ok.

I will put all documentations UP.
                    www.kevero.com/MODx_A5_book pdf.zip
                    www.kevero.com/MODx_A5_pdf.zip

But...pls... this wil stay up for 48 hours. So... please reupload in other places too.

Have a nice day,

Cristian Nica
                      • 2,542 Posts
                      Why don’t we use torrent network for this kind of file.
                      If needed, I can make it and seed.

:-)
                        Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l