We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 245 Posts
    I have just moved from local development to a webhost, and have encountered a few issues. One of them seems to be PHx related:

When I go to access the home page, I get this:
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error: 	include_once(/var/www/yoga-center/assets/plugins/phx/phx.parser.class.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory	 
      Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
      File: 	/home/yoga/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(745) : eval()'d code	 
      Line: 	19	 

Parser timing
      MySQL: 	0.0051 s	(0 Requests)
      PHP: 	0.0625 s	 
      Total: 	0.0676 s

The first error line:
    Error: 	include_once(/var/www/yoga-center/assets/plugins/phx/phx.parser.class.inc.php)

shows me that it is looking at the path on my local server. The path on the remote server is actually:
    /home/yoga/public_html/assets/plugins/phx/phx.parser.class.inc.php

How do I fix this?
      • 788 Posts
      You try clearing your cache?
        Jesse R.
        Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
        Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
        Donate now. Every contribution helps.
        • 20 Posts
        Hi has the same problem and i fix it change the assets root in the configuration, i only leave assets and it start working normally
        Check this and say me if it work
        See you
          • 245 Posts
          Quote from: maritin at May 05, 2008, 03:17 PM

Hi has the same problem and i fix it change the assets root in the configuration, i only leave assets and it start working normally
          Check this and say me if it work
          See you

I don’t quite understand. Where did you change your assets root?

I have cleaned my cache.
            • 20 Posts
            Tools -> Configuration -> Resource Path o Resource URL
            I only leave assets/ in the two options
            Let me know if it work
              • 245 Posts
              Quote from: maritin at May 05, 2008, 06:29 PM

Let me know if it work

thank you thank you thank you! God knows why or when I changed that to include the path on my local server huh
              ...a big learning experience.
                • 20 Posts
                you’re welcome, for me it take 3 days :S and i learn the lection,jeje
                See you and good luck
                  • 27 Posts
                  Hello,
                  I’m very new to MODx but I’m learning... smiley Could someone help me, please.
                  Is it possible to call PHx like this
                  [*content:isnot=``:then=`[+mytv+]`:else=`[+mytv1]`*]

It works with [*longtitle*], [*pagetitle*] etc but not with [*content*] TV or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
                  Lina
                    • 5 Posts
                    Quote from: towerofbabel at May 05, 2008, 06:52 PM

Quote from: maritin at May 05, 2008, 06:29 PM

Let me know if it work

thank you thank you thank you! God knows why or when I changed that to include the path on my local server huh
                    ...a big learning experience.

ok..I’m having the same problem here and I can’t find the ’Resource Path or Resource URL’ in the Configuration panel. And it’s getting really frustrating here because everytime I save any changes to the site, after it ’Cleans the content’ the siteCache.idx.php file reverts to the same path over and over again. Can one of you guys point me out in the right direction of ’do’ or ’not to do’ >_>

[LaterEdit]

Note to self: U’re a dumbass! >_>

Now, I’ve fixed it.. jeez Resource Browser was set to ’No’ and that’s why it wasn’t showing me the options to edit.. pff
                      • 99 Posts
                      Hello all,

When using the math functionality of phx in combo with a ditto call and get a parsing error as a result. A snippet of relevant code from my ditto tpl that throws the error is as follows:
                      [+bookPriceDiscT1:math=`(1.0-([+bookPriceDiscT1+]/[+bookPrice+]))*100`+]

The error is:
                      [Sat Jun 14 15:40:03 2008] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’/’ in /assets/plugins/phx/phx.parser.class.inc.php(266) : eval()’d code on line 1

Now, the same code with the straight-ahead syntax of ...
                      [*bookPriceDiscT1:math=`(1.0-([*bookPriceDiscT1*]/[*bookPrice*]))*100`*]

... causes no error, but of course will not work for my ditto tpl.

Now, this appears to not affect the output when running php5, but chokes with php4. Any idea what the cause is? Seems like a possible bug ...

Cheers,
                      Jim
                        ------
                        Server: *nix, ModX Evo 1.0.4, Apache 2.x, PHP 5.x, Mysql 5.x.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.