We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I attended my first ever Modx meetup in London last night. It was well attended and a great networking event.

As London is quite a trip for me from Manchester, I am interested in starting a program of meetup's and training sessions in the north of the UK.

If you're interested perhaps you could reply to this thread and let's see if we can make it happen.

Ideally the meet up will be in Manchester as I can arrange for a either a local bar or a room where slides and presentations can be held.

Matty

[ed. note: mattyrobins last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
    • Hi Matty,

Count me in I would be willing to pop over now and again to help up the numbers.

Thanks
        http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
        UK MODX Hosting with love.
        • 20 Posts
        Hey,

Sheffielder here, registering my interest if anything ever got off the ground.
        • We had the modxpo in the Netherlands yesterday and there was definite interest from several people in getting a UK North meetup going.

We do need a few more people to make this a goer so if anybody is up for it, please do register your interest here and let's make it happen smiley
            Garry Nutting
            Senior Developer
            MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
            Twitter: @garryn
            Web: modx.com
            • 338 Posts
            Yes, I'm interested.

I'll repeat what I just said on the MODxpo Europe thread why it was good to meet other MODx users:

"Just talking to other people using modx was great for a number of reasons:
            Because you realise that there are other people in the same boat ( most people I met seemed to be individual freelancers, like myself, rather that company/agency workers )
            You pick up tips/tricks/ideas that you can easily miss when you are working in isolation.

It made me realise we really need to organise a meet up in the North of England so we can swap ideas and get together to defeat the evil droopal/joomla/wordpress empires. And give each other tips and tricks on dealing with clients, and getting good graphic designs/designers etc etc."

Lets try and help each other out. [ed. note: thingstodo last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
            • We've got our own Garry Nutting somewhere there; given enough lead time I'm sure he wouldn't mind popping in for a guinness smiley

EDIT Lol, oops. He responded before me already, but I skimmed over his post! Sorry Garry! tongue [ed. note: markh last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
                Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • 463 Posts
                I'd love to attend a Manchester/Sheffield meeting but I very much doubt I'd be able ot get there with Work / Home life and also not sure how much i could contribute smiley
                • Quote from: Tyreal2012 at Nov 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
                  I'd love to attend a Manchester/Sheffield meeting but I very much doubt I'd be able ot get there with Work / Home life and also not sure how much i could contribute smiley

Half the fun of a meetup is to meet others and talk about something you use regularly. You don't have to be the star of the show to add to the discussion (even if it's just by asking the questions!) or to have fun wink
                    Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                  • Let me know when you would plan to have this, I might be able to pop up that side of the country to give my support.
                      • 463 Posts
                      Quote from: markh at Nov 13, 2012, 01:56 PM

Half the fun of a meetup is to meet others and talk about something you use regularly. You don't have to be the star of the show to add to the discussion (even if it's just by asking the questions!) or to have fun wink

Hmmmm....I wonder if i could book it in work time so I dont have to grind Wife rep to do it laugh

I would be interested in this though