We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 68 Posts
    Have recently installed the AdvSearch (latest version) and it works well except that some features does not seem to work, such as the Highlight feature.
    Also when i try different search terms i get exacly same results, something is wrong that`s for sure.

These are my calls:

SearchForm page:
    [[!AdvSearchForm? 
    &landing=`110` 
    &addJQuery=`0` 
    &searchIndex=`query`
    ]]

Landing page:
    [[!AdvSearch? 
    &addJQuery=`0` 
    &perPage=`10` 
    &withFields=`pagetitle,introtext,content,longtitle` 
    &fields=`pagetitle,introtext,content,longtitle` 
    &containerTpl=`AdvSearchResults` 
    &tpl=`AdvSearchResult` 
    &offsetIndex=`res` 
    &hideMenu=`0` 
    &highlightTag=`strong` 
    &highlightClass=`advsea-highlight` 
    &highlightResult=`1` 
    &showExtract=`1`
    ]]

I have also tried using the Zend framework but it throws a white page.

Using:
    - MODx Revolution 2.2.0 pl2 traditional
    - PHP 5.3.9
    - MYSQL 5.5.20
    - Apache 2.2.14
    - CentOS 6 on a Virtual private server.
    - PHP Memory limit set to 64 MB

Any help or advice are very welcome, all support is greatful.

Regards,
    Bow
    [ed. note: bowkilled last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
      IntoVPS - VPS hosting service with super-fast response.
      If MODx does not suit your needs then you have a lack of imagination.
      • 68 Posts
      Anyone got a clue?
        • 68 Posts
        When i do a debug, it shows me this error
        Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Exception' not found in /var/www/html/assets/libraries/Zend/Search/Exception.php on line 36
          • 68 Posts
          I managed to solve this myself, anyhow there should be more specific details on how to install advsearch. Thanks.
            • 463 Posts
            I had a similar issue, its when the Zend library doesnt install properly - coroico advised me to upload the Zend library again. I did the whole library and then deleted the elements i DIDNT want - rather than just uploading the bits i DID want.
              • 68 Posts
              Yeah the install instructions says you do not need the Zend library, but without that you cannot get proper search results or highlighting, anyhow i think coroico`s AdvSearch is great, infact i like it better than the old AjaxSearch that i used for a site a long time ago, hehe. Evolution was long time ago wink
                • 463 Posts
                The instructions on the RTFM state you need to install the Zend library, but could be clearer - although the cheat sheet does give better instructions.

Hes done a stellar job with with AdvSearch and AjaxSearch, hes done some rather fancy customisations for us with ajaxSearch as well.
                  • 1 Posts
                  I am having a problem to search the phrase with some of the mysql reserved keywords (example: in the train). I got the message as below:
                  "Search with "in" is invalid. Minimum number of characters allowed for a search term: 3"

I also tested it on the demo and it's also getting the same result. below is the test link:
                  http://www.revo.wangba.fr/same-page.html?id=9&asId=as0&search=in+the+train&sub=Search

I need help for the solution to filter the MYSQL reserved keywords for the search. can someone help me? thanks.
                    • 1,717 Posts
                    Simply adds &minChars=`2` inside your AdvSearch call snippet
                      • 18 Posts
                      Quote from: bowkilled at Feb 15, 2012, 06:46 AM
                      Yeah the install instructions says you do not need the Zend library, but without that you cannot get proper search results or highlighting, anyhow i think coroico`s AdvSearch is great, infact i like it better than the old AjaxSearch that i used for a site a long time ago, hehe. Evolution was long time ago wink

I agree. Install Zend Minimal but the first release. Just copy files as it is written in:
                      http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/AdvSearch#AdvSearch-InstallationoftheZendSearchclass [ed. note: godzio last edited this post 10 years ago.]