We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 160 Posts
    I didn't think about it at the time, but you could reuse the same resource for your gallery album call.

Lets say the resource that holds your gallery call is 19 and you have the template set to empty or to a special template specifically for your album (DO NOT USE YOUR BASETEMPLATE FOR YOUR WEBSITE).

The gallery call on 19 might look something like:
    [[Gallery? &albumRequestVar=`album`]]

And your fancy box call to open your album in a modal window might look something like:
    [[sekfancybox?
      &type=`document`
      &linktext=`Gallery 1`
      &link=`[[~19? &album=`1`]]`
    ]]

[[sekfancybox?
      &type=`document`
      &linktext=`Gallery 2`
      &link=`[[~19? &album=`2`]]`
    ]]

Note: the "&album=" can be the album id or the actual album name ("&album=`My Gallery 1`").
      • 64 Posts
      Thanks for the ideas. I tried them and they weren't exactly what I was looking for. I think I need to clarify.

My original attempt was using gallery+sekFancyBox. I was able to get the default implementation to work for a single gallery. I am wanting to use it for grouping multiple galleries together. Each gallery being represented on the page by a single IMAGE, when that image is clicked the rest of the images in the gallery are loaded in the modal window.

I'm a designer and I'm wanting to use this to group together my projects for display in a portfolio based on client type. So an area that is Non-Profit clients with one image representing each project but when clicking that image you can see the rest of the images for that specific Non-Profit project in the modal window.

When using sekFancyBox without gallery, as you suggested, all the images load are displayed at once in the modal window, not one at a time. [ed. note: CBorah last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
        • 64 Posts
        Also, after reading through the documentation again I realized that sekFancyBox auto loads Jquery and I already have it loading in the <head> of all my pages. I disabled the autoload and now the modal window is not working. I find that weird. Loading JQuery twice shouldn't be necessary.

Thoughts?
          • 160 Posts
          Loading jquery twice is not necessary. I have only had a few instances where the modal window did not work and it was a conflict with another jquery script.

So, you want to display multiple images in a single modal window? Then I would use the last post I made.

Also, I have added a quick walkthrough for anyone interested of how one could use sekfancybox with gallery: http://rtfm.modx.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42270815
            • 64 Posts
            Thanks. I was able to get it all figured out. I ended up using sekfancybox with gallery. Once the site is launched I'll be sure to post a link so you can see.
              • 160 Posts
              Good deal.
                • 64 Posts
                Finally got my site launched. Not finished but it's launched. fancybox on our portfolio page.

http://6foot4.net/portfolio
                  • 160 Posts
                  Finally, sekFancyBox has a new release, version 1.0.0.
                    • 160 Posts
                    @CBorah

Thanks for posting the link, it's a fantastic looking site. I don't usually get a chance to see where my work ends up, so it's nice to see it in action.
                      • 160 Posts
                      sekFancyBox has a new release, version 1.0.1. This version comes with jquery 1.10.1 and updates the fancy box version to 2.1.5. These updates will fix some problems with ie10.