We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 236 Posts
    I can't get this to work and tab settings are still not being preserved in form customisation.
    Any ideas?

2.2.6-pl
      • 236 Posts
      ok.... so I missed the "active" checkbox. This seems to be working now although the settings are still not preserved.
        • 128 Posts
        The answers previously have worked to hide the Comments etc but is there a tab code for hiding the Resource Groups?

Also if I just wanted to show New article panel at the bottom and not the Articles and Resource Groups tabs, is this possible? I only want the user to add a new article/edit. They don't need to see the info about the container resource.
          • 60 Posts
          Quote from: evegate94 at Mar 15, 2013, 02:52 PM
          is there a tab code for hiding the Resource Groups?

This is - unfortunately - not done via forms customization. You should be able to achieve this by not giving the users the permission "resourcegroup_resource_list". Worked for me, and is already "unset" in the standard Content Editor policy.

Anyway, you are right, from a logical point of view it should be possible to hide that tab in the same way as the others in forms customization...
          • Quote from: evegate94 at Mar 15, 2013, 02:52 PM
            The answers previously have worked to hide the Comments etc but is there a tab code for hiding the Resource Groups?

In your Forms Customization rule set, under Regions, uncheck modx-resource-access-permissions and this will hide the Resource Groups tab.
              • 128 Posts
              I had already unchecked access permissions in form customization so that didn't work but thanks inreti, your solution worked!

On that basis, I assume this is where I can hide the comments, advance settings, template and articles tab from the container but not sure which settings relate to these?
              • Quote from: evegate94 at Apr 04, 2013, 10:00 AM
                I had already unchecked access permissions in form customization so that didn't work but thanks inreti, your solution worked!

On that basis, I assume this is where I can hide the comments, advance settings, template and articles tab from the container but not sure which settings relate to these?

Interesting, it works for me. I have found Forms Customization to be a little bit unpredictable. For example, I have hidden parts of the Articles sections in the Manager as described (adding regions in the regions tab) and they remain hidden but the settings themselves are no longer listed under the Regions tab of the rules, which might make it difficult to unhide them. This is how I hid the comments, advanced settings and template tabs.
                  • 60 Posts
                  Quote from: rx2 at Apr 04, 2013, 12:55 PM
                  ... For example, I have hidden parts of the Articles sections in the Manager as described (adding regions in the regions tab) and they remain hidden but the settings themselves are no longer listed under the Regions tab of the rules, which might make it difficult to unhide them.
                  Well that is exactly the bug described earlier in this thread. ModX forgets about non-system regions after having them created but disabled.
                  • Quote from: inreti at Apr 09, 2013, 06:36 AM
                    Quote from: rx2 at Apr 04, 2013, 12:55 PM
                    ... For example, I have hidden parts of the Articles sections in the Manager as described (adding regions in the regions tab) and they remain hidden but the settings themselves are no longer listed under the Regions tab of the rules, which might make it difficult to unhide them.
                    Well that is exactly the bug described earlier in this thread. ModX forgets about non-system regions after having them created but disabled.

True, but in my case they still function, even if I can't see them. I suspect to unhide them, as it were, you could try creating the region again. But yes, an odd bug.
                      • 236 Posts
                      Quote from: rx2 at Apr 04, 2013, 07:55 AM
                      I have hidden parts of the Articles sections in the Manager as described (adding regions in the regions tab) and they remain hidden but the settings themselves are no longer listed under the Regions tab of the rules

This bug is still seems to be present. It would also be really nice to be able to hide the whole of the top section of articles. More often than not my clients don't need access to any of settings.

MODX 2.2.8-pl
                      Articles 1.6.8