We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 244 Posts
    Mark,

inTandem is using a Zeus server environment not appache. I don't know what / if any impact that has...

-Noah
    • Will try to find time tomorrow to make a Revo installation on an Apache server and see whether that solves it. Would be a pity as my hosting account with the other provider (zeus) works really well on all other levels).

Thanks to Noah for giving up time earlier to try and help me out with this!
        • 24,544 Posts
        What happens when you use Quick Update from the right-click menu in the Resource tree and change the template there?

Also, have you tried turning off the compress_js system setting, then manually clearing the cache again?

Have you cleared your browser cache *and cookies* lately?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using . . . PLEASE!
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • QuickUpdate works fine and so does QuickCreate->Document.

I tried the compress_js suggestion but no difference.

When I tried the browser cache and cookies, the following happened (odd to me but perhaps to you MODX exports it's obvious): Before I cleared the cache and cookies, I still had the new resource open for which I tried to change the template but where it reverted back to the default template. However, after browser cache clearing, I refreshed the MODX resource page and it suddenly reverted back to the new template I had tried to change it to earlier! However, if I try to save this now, I get the following error message:

An error occurred while duplicating the resource.Array ( [pagetitle] => Test [longtitle] => [description] => [introtext] => [template] => 3 [alias] => [menutitle] => [link_attributes] => [hidemenu] => 1 [published] => 0 [id] => [type] => document [context_key] => web [content] => [create-resource-token] => 4f68cb1321f677.88569791 [reloaded] => 1 [parent] => 0 [parent-original] => 0 [parent-cmb] => [class_key] => modDocument [content_type] => 1 [content_dispo] => 0 [menuindex] => 0 [publishedon] => 0 [pub_date] => 0 [unpub_date] => 0 [isfolder] => 0 [searchable] => 1 [richtext] => 1 [cacheable] => 1 [syncsite] => 0 [deleted] => 0 [uri_override] => 0 [uri] => [tvs] => 1 [tv5] => [ta] => [tiny_toggle] => 1 [action] => create [modx-ab-stay] => [resource_groups] => [] [HTTP_MODAUTH] => modx4f19326159c161.17706526_14f68cb4a51cc58.32314673 [donthit] => 0 [createdon] => 2012-03-20 18:28:11 [createdby] => 1 [publishedby] => 0 ) 

I guess it has something to do with browser cache clearing? Anyway, I thought I'd put it up anyway, just in case it helps.

Thanks though, BobRay, for your suggestions!
            • 24,544 Posts
            If you're still seeing that, I'd flush all sessions on the Security menu and log back in. It didn't occur to me that you'd flush the browser and then try to continue your MODX session. I can imagine that that would confuse MODX. wink

Are you still unable to change templates the normal way?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using . . . PLEASE!
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 4 Posts
              well guys i have the same problem.... i did wat u say and sitllgot the bug... im ussing revo 2.2, my phpinfo.phpshows like that:

date/time support enabled
              "Olson" Timezone Database Version 2011.8
              Timezone Database internal
              Default timezone UTC

and my modx revo look like this in System >> System Setings

Default Time Zone date_timezone UTC Mar 21, 2012 05:33 PM

if u can helpme with this it would be much apreciated... cause i dont want to go back to modx evo...but if i dont fix this ill go back till is fixed... thkssss!!
              • Send your host a ticket asking what the timezone is set to on the mysql server, apparently that's what needs to be in sync with the php timezone (which looks good from what you posted).

(And if you need to downgrade, you can just downgrade to 2.1.5 as this was only introduced in 2.2)
                  Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • Have sent them a ticket and got the answer back again that everything is set to GMT (and that Europe/London is GMT, which I obviously know ...). So according to them, everything is in synch and there's no further assistance offered. Am just about to do a Revo 2.2 install with a different host to see what happens there and if successful, will move host going forward.
                  • Ok, have done an installation on a different host now and NO PROBLEM changing template whatsoever. Will tell the other host that I'll have to move my business if they won't look into this any further. Thanks all for your help!! If I find a resolution with the previous host, I'll post here.
                      • 4 Posts
                      @Mark Hamstra that worked!!!! mysql time zone buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... there i post a help:

In my.ini or conf watever u had

In Windows >> default-time-zone = +3:00

in Linux >> default-time-zone = 'America/Buenos_Aires'

that should do the thing....
                      Thk u all!!