We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 380 Posts
    Just did the upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.2 and after the upgrade the frontend was blank, returned a status 200 with an empty response. Because of this, I had to revert back to 2.1.5 but looks at both server error logs and the manager logs. Both had nothing in them (that was recent.)

I re-uploaded all of the files just in case there was a corruption in one of them but that didn't seem to help.

I have upgraded other sites on the same server without a problem so it seems to be site specific.

I'm hoping someone may have a suggestion or something I can look into once I try the upgrade again.

Thanks
    Brian

• 60 Posts
      Try making sure the Site Cache is empty (you can do this manually by deleting the contents of the core\cache\ folder) and also clear your browser cache and see if that helps.

Are there any major differences between this and other sites you have upgraded? e.g. packages or snippets which could be causing the problem?
        • 380 Posts
        When I was in the manager, after the upgrade I did go to site > clear cache and also went to security > flush all permissions. Neither changed the fronted display but I am not sure if that does the same as you have indicated.

If anything this site is simpler then the others I have upgraded with about 1/2 the amount of packages installed.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try again a little later when I have time available to troubleshoot.
        • Do you have the GoogleAnalyticsDashboard widget installed on this site? If so, try disabling it, or other Extras you may have installed until you complete the upgrade.
            • 380 Posts
            I did have, have at one point, the google analytics manager theme that was in the repository installed but that has been long removed.

opengeek, you propose uninstalling all packages and try the upgrade again?

Thanks
            Brian
            • I'm not sure yet, just trying to piece together common patterns for common issues folks are reporting when upgrading sites to 2.2. Any additional information or results for attempts to install without certain packages you can provide might help reveal the common threads, if any exist.
                • 380 Posts
                sounds good, I will report back after my second attempt.
                • 1. Installed on the hosting suhosin, extension for PHP.
                  2. By default MODx 2.2 includes compressing JS and CSS.
                  3. The small value of one of the parameters of the first makes it impossible to function normally the second.

solution:
                  1. Open the file/core/cache/system_settings/config.cache.php
                  2. Edit the value:
                  'compress_css' => '1',
                  'compress_js' => '1',
                  on
                  'compress_css' => '0',
                  'compress_js' => '0',
                  in principle, perhaps, CSS and you can leave, but I have removed from sin.
                  3. Save the. Obtain a workable admin. Bullet flying in the system settings and disable the compression is already there.
                    Valentin Rasulov - Industrial design (Hobbies - Web Development)
                    Development not standard projects on CMF MODx Revolution.
                    Small sample of extensions
                    • 387 Posts
                    I just updated to 2.2 pl2 from rc3 and all is now working correctly

I did a update, set the compress_js back to 'yes' - all working. Then cleared the cache - fine, logged out deleted the core/cache dir & files therein logged back in - looking good and first impression is the manager feels faster.

Thanks to all involved (in any way)!
                      • 380 Posts
                      Thanks for your input Artdevue. As mentioned, the manager works fine and other sites on the same server have been upgraded without issue.

Suhosin is installed on the server but has been adjusted to allow for compressing of js and css.