We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Quote from: splittingred at Jan 14, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Articles (in the most recent versions) comes with an Articles snippet, that you can use like so:

[[Articles? &container=`IDOFCONTAINER`]]

Hi,

is there a way to place a &tpl property like

[[Articles? &container=`57` &tpl=`NewsRowTpl`]]

I tried but no effect.

And are there other properties like &limit ?

thanks for answer
      • 119 Posts
      Update: inserted code hopefully shows now...

Dear all out in the MODX-Universe.

I installed Articles and I'm a little bit confused. After reading all the available Blogs, Forums, RTFMs I still have a problem to understand the logic.

As I understood the container template automatically calls a getResources/getPage-kind of procedure that fills some placeholders (like
      [[+latest_posts]]
      [[+latests_comments]]
      [[+articles]]

The first two produces output, but the
      [[+articles]]
      does not (called in the content field of the Articles main page).

Has anyone exprienced a similar behaviour? Or did I miss something fundamental?

I'm using Articles 1.6.0 with Revo 2.2.1

Thanks for your help.
      Fabian [ed. note: achterbahn last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
        • 384 Posts
        Hi Fabian
        Did some of your code get stripped out from your post?
          • 119 Posts
          Thanks Peter for the hint. I updated my previous post.
            • 268 Posts
            Hi,

I'm not sure: is there a full list of all available Placeholders ? Os ther's only
            +articles
            +articlestags
            +latests_comments
            +latest_posts ?

Thank you
              • 712 Posts
              Is anyone else getting a fatal error when using [[Articles? &container=`IDOFCONTAINER`]] on a non ArticleContainer Template?
              Fatal error: Call to undefined method modDocument_mysql::getPostListingCall()
                jpdevries
                • 483 Posts
                I ran across this on another site, but when we cleared the cache, it worked again. You also have to use the !Articles? Snippet first. I'm not sure what was causing it, but I've had a number of issues with Articles. I resorted to using the manual Quip, getResources, Archivist, and tagLister calls. They work well.

Notes: if you use tagLister, you must set &tv=`articlestags` unless you renamed the TV. Otherwise, it won't work.
                  Website: Extended Dialog Development Blog: on Extended Dialog
                  Add-ons: AJAX Revolution, RO.IDEs Editor & Framework (in works) Utilities: Plugin Compatibility List
                  Tutorials: Create Cross-Context Resources, Cross-Context AJAX Login, Template-Based Actions, Remove Extensions from URLs

Failure is just another word for saying you didn't want to try. "It can't be done" means "I don't know how".
                • I am templating an Articles article and would like to control how the Tags are being presented. This is the placehoder [[+article_tags]].
                  On the Articles container resource, I can easily add the chunk name to the settings, but for the article page itself, I seem to not be able to use a specific chunk. It always just spits out: tag 1, tag 2, etc.

Anyone have a tip here?
                    Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
                  • Quote from: sonicpunk at Dec 03, 2012, 04:01 AM
                    I am templating an Articles article and would like to control how the Tags are being presented. This is the placehoder [[+article_tags]].

Replace [[+article_tags]] with [[tolinks? &tpl=`xxx` &items=`[[*articlestags]]` &target=`yyy` &useTagsFurl=`1`]] </span>`]] and change xxx and yyy as you need it.