We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I would be interested in such a solution as well.
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • 4,149 Posts
      What's wrong with Wayfinder?

[[+wf.nameoftv]]
      does not work?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 156 Posts
        Quote from: splittingred at Dec 15, 2011, 05:10 PM
        What's wrong with Wayfinder?

[[+wf.nameoftv]]
        does not work?

This does work but increases the execution time of the site by 5secs. I'm not sure why but my menu loads 16secs with these chunks / calls (all cached). With TV loading in wf.nameoftv it loads 21-30secs!

Something must be very wrong here. sad
          • 156 Posts
          It's weird. Now after testing multiple options I am again on an issue with phpthumbof. Resource loads better (but incomplete – some images missing which are in code but not in output) if i uninstall phpthumbof. Again loads slowly (now about ~7secs) if I install phpthumbof.

Problem is that I have images that are on background (full size) and in navigation (125px). Means I somehow have to scale them.

EDIT:

It might have been AutoFixImageSize plugin which was uninstalled (if you trust package management) but indeed was active and in mgr as a plugin. after manually deleting the plugin site performance increased a lot.
          Now testing.

EDIT2:

So a fresh load of the site causes a first loading time of Wayfinder of 10-30secs:
          [2011-12-15 20:09:44] (ERROR @ /index.php) modSnippet: Wayfinder executed in 27.6725 s

then after reload:
          [2011-12-15 20:10:01] (ERROR @ /index.php) modSnippet: Wayfinder executed in 0.3925 s

This is something to address. I think 30secs even uncached is bad performance. And every time I change something on a Resource it again loads up to 30s.

The other thing indeed maybe was AutoFixImageSize. [ed. note: smooth-graphics last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
          • Anselm:

Out of curiosity, are you using ACLs on any Media Sources that might be associated with Template Variables on the Resources being consumed by Wayfinder in this call?
              • 156 Posts
              I currently don't have any ACLs besides the default ones.
              • I have a feeling this is a Wayfinder issue. I'll have to look at it in more detail...
                  • 156 Posts
                  If you need more details, please write me. Also on skype if neccessary and I can give you access to site, too.
                    • 156 Posts
                    Is there any news yet? Hope to be able to release this site with 2.2 as soon as possible.
                    • Quote from: smooth-graphics at Dec 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
                      Is there any news yet? Hope to be able to release this site with 2.2 as soon as possible.
                      So far, I am still unable to diagnose any issue with the standard components or any obvious slow downs in 2.2 after upgrading several sites. Any additional information on your end?