We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Hi

Nice module but I am really battling to set it up.

My two problems 1: it only seems to list the products when I am logged in as superAdmin. I create and additional group called members. And when I try to access this nothing shows up. Members are assigned and the product permission is also members -> member

Secondly the checkout does not work. It fires index.php?id=1&updpsuccess=1. But after that does not redirect me or add me to subscribers in the backend.

I use the default chunks except for this

[[!FormIt?
      &hooks=`smNewSubscription`
      &optionsResource=`1`
    ]]
    <p>Choose the product you would like to subscribe to:</p>
    <ul>
        [[+products]]
    </ul>

otherwise the calls are
    [[!smListProducts? 
    &tplOuter=`tplOuterSubscribe` 
    &tplRow=`tplRowProducts` 
    &debug=`1`]]

this one only works if I am logged in as admin

[[!smCheckout? 
    &debug=`1` 
    &tpl=`smCheckoutTpl` 
    &return_id=`3` &cancel_id=`20` 
    &fail_id=`20` 
    &redirect=`0`]]

this one shows up nothing...

I have been trying for 2 days now just cant get it right, maybe I am too dumb or missing something

can anyone help, please I am really desperate....

many thanks!!!

all the paypal stuff etc is setup
      • 14 Posts
      ok i am an idiot it actually said to check for this in the documentation....

make sure you do not have conflicting formit call, have unique ID's then it works
        • 230 Posts
        found perhaps a bug.
        in MODX 2.2.1 SubscribeMe 1.1.1 empties forms when editing a product.
        If you update an already existing product, all fields are empty and values are gone.
          CONIN Werbeagentur . Köln
          http://www.conin.de
          • 620 Posts
          Quote from: spackko at May 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
          found perhaps a bug.
          in MODX 2.2.1 SubscribeMe 1.1.1 empties forms when editing a product.
          If you update an already existing product, all fields are empty and values are gone.

+1

I does this for me as well, it's particularly annoying as the permissions are not available unless you first create the product, then edit it, re-input all the info then you can add permissions.
            *** Not just websites, we also create signage, banners, print, trade show displays and more! ***

Sean Kimball CLP, CLS.
            Technical Director / Sr. Developer | BigBlock Studios
            ._______________________________________________.
            Bigblock Studios http://www.bigblockstudios.ca Web site design & development.
            27-1300 King Street East. Box 167 Oshawa, Ontario L1H8J4 Canada.
            phone/fax: 905-426-5525
            • 620 Posts

Currently I have two test users who have subscribed to two different products and gone through the paypal process successfully. All the docs say "up to 24 hours" ~ I get that. However:
            - neither has received any email confirmations yet
            - the server has not sent any email either
            - under subscriptions, both subscriptions show with a PayPal Profile Id, & 'Active' as yes
            - under users, neither user has a subscription listed
            - under transactions, there are no transactions listed
            - neither user has been assigned to the specified user group in the product.
            - both the merchant and end user PayPal sandbox accounts show the transactions with blank order status actions [no funds transferred yet] - I am assuming this is what we wait up to 24 hours for?

So, am I just being impatient here? when paypal processes the orders:
            - will a transaction show up in the transaction tab in modx?
            - will the user be assigened to the paid subscriber's group?
            - will their subscription be updated in the subscribeme users tab?
            - emails not being received, mailserver logs show no mail sent, when and on what events are emails supposed to be sent?

Further questions:
            - when a payment fails or a user manually unsubscribes VIA paypal, will they automatically be removed from the products user group?

Feature Requests:
            - passing information to paypal [cost descr etc], this info does not show up when the user logs into paypal
            - getting the return info from paypal [errors/success etc], for the return_tpl, cancel_tpl & error_tpl [especially the error tpl!!]
            - abillity to limit total cycles, can these be limited?
            - ability to remove subscriptions [test data], currently I have to manually dump the sm_tables in the db.
            - ability to prevent user profile being updated with paypal shipping info [!!!]
            - ability to sppecify an initial or ~introductory~ rate [3months or cheap then full price , not sure if PayPal supports this]

*** Not just websites, we also create signage, banners, print, trade show displays and more! ***

Sean Kimball CLP, CLS.
            • Sean, did you set up the IPN url and is that accessible for PayPal (ie, not on a localhost)?

If it's activated on PayPal, it'll send a POST to the IPN url (which should be assets/comp/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) which processes the request and does the magic of getting the user access.

While the paypal docs told me up to 24h, most of them were near instant and the longest I've personally seen took about 10 minutes.

"Yes" to all your questions on "when paypal processes the order" with the addition of that being when the system gets the IPN from PayPal.

I don't actively support or develop SubscribeMe, however feel free to add those FRs and bugs to the tracker on github.
                Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • 620 Posts
                Quote from: markh at Jun 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
                Sean, did you set up the IPN url and is that accessible for PayPal (ie, not on a localhost)?

If it's activated on PayPal, it'll send a POST to the IPN url (which should be assets/comp/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) which processes the request and does the magic of getting the user access.

While the paypal docs told me up to 24h, most of them were near instant and the longest I've personally seen took about 10 minutes.

"Yes" to all your questions on "when paypal processes the order" with the addition of that being when the system gets the IPN from PayPal.

I don't actively support or develop SubscribeMe, however feel free to add those FRs and bugs to the tracker on github.

Hmmm... I did test the ipn url in a browser, got an error in the modx logs - assumed that meant it was working [empty request]

do you know if there is a way at paypal to verify the IPN url?

Still nothing here, this was several hours ago... BUT I was kind of assuming that if there was communication the IPN must be working. The payments are still just sitting in both sandbox accounts with no status!

Sean Kimball CLP, CLS.
                  • 620 Posts
                  PayPal does have an IPN checking tool though it can't tell you if it really works or not - just gives you a success or fail response.

Though turning on debugging and watching the modx error log yields this:

[2012-06-22 10:23:23] (FATAL @ /assets/components/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) IPN was found to be INVALID
                  [2012-06-22 15:33:27] (FATAL @ /assets/components/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) IPN Triggered with data: Array
                  (
                      [test_ipn] => 1
                      [payment_type] => instant
                      [payment_date] => 12:30:37 Jun 22, 2012 PDT
                      [payment_status] => Completed
                      [payer_status] => verified
                      [first_name] => John
                      [last_name] => Smith
                      [payer_email] => [email protected]
                      [payer_id] => TESTBUYERID01
                      [business] => [email protected]
                      [receiver_email] => [email protected]
                      [receiver_id] => TESTSELLERID1
                      [residence_country] => US
                      [item_name1] => something
                      [item_number1] => AK-1234
                      [quantity1] => 1
                      [tax] => 2.02
                      [mc_currency] => USD
                      [mc_fee] => 0.44
                      [mc_gross] => 15.34
                      [mc_gross_1] => 12.34
                      [mc_handling] => 2.06
                      [mc_handling1] => 1.67
                      [mc_shipping] => 3.02
                      [mc_shipping1] => 1.02
                      [txn_type] => cart
                      [txn_id] => 376221930
                      [notify_version] => 2.4
                      [custom] => xyz123
                      [invoice] => abc1234
                      [charset] => windows-1252
                      [verify_sign] => An5ns1Kso7MWUdW4ErQKJJJ4qi4-AMag.pb.UX389aYK73SD-NSBxw2.
                  )

[2012-06-22 15:33:28] (FATAL @ /assets/components/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) [Request] Posted to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr: cmd=_notify-validate&test_ipn=1&payment_type=instant&payment_date=12%3A30%3A37+Jun+22%2C+2012+PDT&payment_status=Completed&payer_status=verified&first_name=John&last_name=Smith&payer_email=buyer%40paypalsandbox.com&payer_id=TESTBUYERID01&business=seller%40paypalsandbox.com&receiver_email=seller%40paypalsandbox.com&receiver_id=TESTSELLERID1&residence_country=US&item_name1=something&item_number1=AK-1234&quantity1=1&tax=2.02&mc_currency=USD&mc_fee=0.44&mc_gross=15.34&mc_gross_1=12.34&mc_handling=2.06&mc_handling1=1.67&mc_shipping=3.02&mc_shipping1=1.02&txn_type=cart&txn_id=376221930&notify_version=2.4&custom=xyz123&invoice=abc1234&charset=windows-1252&verify_sign=An5ns1Kso7MWUdW4ErQKJJJ4qi4-AMag.pb.UX389aYK73SD-NSBxw2.
                  [2012-06-22 15:33:28] (FATAL @ /assets/components/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) [Response] Status: 200 Response: VERIFIED
                  [2012-06-22 15:33:28] (FATAL @ /assets/components/subscribeme/paypal/ipn.php) IPN identified as other transaction type (cart), no handling built in at this point.

So I guess a matter of figuring out what's missing now .. [obviously the IPN is correct]

Sean Kimball CLP, CLS.
                    • 620 Posts
                    I was about to sit here and craft a little post to the ipn.php script that would trigger the subscription myself.... there is an issue, one of the first things that the ipn.php script does is look for the txn_id as the referencce in the modx_sm_transaction table.
                    $existingTransaction = $modx->getObject('smTransaction',array('reference' => $transid));

Well, that table is completely empty ~ no transactions to be found.

Has this been tested on 2.2.2 yet?

Sean Kimball CLP, CLS.
                      • 573 Posts
                      Hi,

The looks great, I would love to use modx for a premium content site, does this snippet:

- let users upgrade accounts ?
                      - if someone cancels their subscription does it stay active until for the remainder of the subscription ?