We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • homebrewruss:
    ... I tend to recommend that Express Checkout with Recurring Payments...
    That's what's being used.

I'll have to look into 2.2.. haven't yet tested it in that, thanks for the report
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
    • New version release for MODX 2.2 that is no longer compatible with 2.1: http://modx.com/extras/package/subscribeme

SubscribeMe 1.1.0
      =================
      UI updates for Revo 2.2
      Properly namespace actions for MODX 2.2+ - breaks compatibility with 2.1.
      Fixed some error reporting in the newSubscription hook.
      Fix bug with default chunks and file based chunks.

SubscribeMe 1.0.0
      =================
      Initial publicly available package.

Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • The main Users tab as well as any filters on users still shows all users. Can this be controlled to only show subscribers?
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 17 Posts
          Hi Mark, This is an awesome plugin, and I've been trying to make it work on my site running modx 2.2. However, I've gone through the instructions, but after the user makes a selection, the &optionsResource doesn't redirect to the payment page. I've setup paypal sandbox settings, created a new outerTPL chunk, edited the OptionsResource and changed it in the snippet properties, and have formit is installed. I also have IPN setup in sandbox, and the link verifys in the Paypal IPN test tool. Any ideas?
          • @Susan:
            The main Users tab as well as any filters on users still shows all users. Can this be controlled to only show subscribers?

The filter only works if there's any matches.. should be able to correct that behavior a tad (returning an empty result set instead of an error), can you file it on Github?

@501CreativeGroup
            Hi Mark, This is an awesome plugin, and I've been trying to make it work on my site running modx 2.2. However, I've gone through the instructions, but after the user makes a selection, the &optionsResource doesn't redirect to the payment page. I've setup paypal sandbox settings, created a new outerTPL chunk, edited the OptionsResource and changed it in the snippet properties, and have formit is installed. I also have IPN setup in sandbox, and the link verifys in the Paypal IPN test tool. Any ideas?
            If it doesn't redirect from the product screen to the payment options screen that's usually an indication it failed creating the subscription in the database (that's created before talking to PayPal).

If the form properly triggers the hooks (check &submitVar property, if the new subscription hook is in the &hooks param, and if there's no other hooks executed before it that may be returning false), there should be a reason in the error log.

• 17 Posts
              Thanks for the reply @Mark H
              Yeah, I'd been looking at the error log today, though I can't say I understand it. It looks like there's it's unable to find the newsubscription.inc.php file

[2012-02-14 20:40:56] (ERROR @ /~/~/public_html/~/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/54.include.cache.php : 30) PHP warning: include(/~/~/public_html/~/core/components/subscribeme/elements/hooks/newsubscription.inc.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[2012-02-14 20:40:56] (ERROR @ /~/~/public_html/~/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/54.include.cache.php : 30) PHP warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/~/~/public_html/~/core/components/subscribeme/elements/hooks/newsubscription.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear')
                • Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

• 110 Posts
                  Hi,

This looks really useful. Slightly OT perhaps and maybe obvious, but to be clear, does SubscribeMe work with PayPal Website Payments Pro as well as the "Standard" PayPal?

Cheers - Zaphodz
                  • Think it does. Don't have a WPP account myself and the paypal docs are as clear as ever, but I don't think there's a difference in API between them.

Try it before you sell it to your client if you definitely need WPP.

• 110 Posts
                      Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. I don't have WPP myself either but it would be preferred for my client so thought I'd ask if it has been done by anyone before proposing it to my client as an option.

Thanks again - Zaphodz