We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 130 Posts
    I've installed Quip and this call isn't executing:

<div class="grid_11">
    <p>comment</p>
    [[Quip? &thread=`race[[*id]]` &threaded=`0` &closeAfter=`0`]]
    <br />
    [[QuipReply? &thread=`race[[*id]]` &recaptcha=`1`]]
    </div>

Code generated is:

<div class="grid_11"> 
    <p>comment</p> 

<br /> 

</div>

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, manually removed the tables in phpmyadmin, deleted the install files off the core/components directory - no cigar. Any ideas why I can't run this simple snippet?
      • 38 Posts
      Same problem here: I updated Quip to the 2.1.0 rc1 version (Modx 2.1.3-pl). Everything worked pretty well but now Quip doesn't even generate a new thread when I create a new page/resource. You can't find anything new in the Quip Thread Manager and there are no new entries in the Database.

But: Quip shows every thread in the frontend which already existed.
        • 36 Posts
        Same here. Quip accepts new comments but does not display them. Worked with 2.0.x. Tried it without any custom templates. I'm using 2.1.3

Edit:
        This option caused quip to stop displaying anything:
        &useMargins=`1`

Is this now deprecated? [ed. note: frischnetz last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
          • 4,149 Posts
          It's been deprecated for a while - it should have been removed from the Quip 2.x branch.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 36 Posts
            Thanks!

The documentation in rtfm.modx.com is obviously not up to date...
              • 38 Posts
              Hm, I don't use the &useMargins option but Quip doesn't display the QuipReply and Quip call in the frontend in new resources which I created after the last update of Quip. That's strange ...

Edit: Everything works beautifully. There's a problem if Quip should create a new thread in the database. That does not happen, no matter what I try. [ed. note: waivor last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
                • 67 Posts
                My Quip calls don't work either now (since upgrading to 2.1.0) and I'm not using &useMargins.

[[!Quip? &thread=`news_[[+article.title]]` &tplComment=`thread_comment` &threaded=`0` ]]
                [[!QuipReply? &moderate=`1` &moderateFirstPostOnly=`0` &moderatorGroup=`Sub Administrator` &thread=`news_[[+article.title]]` &requireAuth=`1` &tplPreview=`thread_reply_preview` &tplAddComment=`thread_reply` &closeAfter=`0`]]

These are not generating new threads on new resources - and so display nothing on the actual page. They do however display already established threads.
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Can you guys file that as a bug here:
                  http://bugs.modx.com/projects/Quip/issues

And i'll take a look at it tomorrow. Thanks!
                    shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                    • 38 Posts
                    Can you guys file that as a bug here:
                    http://bugs.modx.com/projects/Quip/issues

Done: It's ticket #5644
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      2.1.0-pl has been released, which addresses the issue of threads not being created.