We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I'm using Revo 2.1.3-pl and Quip 2.0.4-rc2. I seem to be having a number of issues which, despite quite a bit of research, I cannot solve myself - so am hoping someone can help me. The issues are:
    1. reCaptcha is not showing up on blog pages with the comments form despite having successfully input the public & private keys
    2. comments do not appear in the Quip CMP, yet they do show up as unapproved comments on the pages themselves. What's even more puzzling is that they do not show up in the browser where I am logged in to the backend. As an experiment I logged using Firefox (my default browser), then visited the site using Chrome & made a comment using a different email address, which showed up in Chrome. I then visited the site using Opera, and the unapproved comment was showing. I'm still to receive the email notifying that I made a comment.
    The call being used is:
    <div id="post-comments" id="comments">[[!Quip? &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]` &replyResourceId=`19` &closeAfter=`30` &threaded=`0` ]]

[[!QuipReply? &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]` &moderate=`1` &recaptcha=`1` &moderatorGroup=`Moderators` &closeAfter=`30` &tplAddComment=`tplAddCommentRob` useGravatar=`0`  ]]
    </div>

The comments form displays, but does not use the tplAddCommentRob template. I've also checked the file permissions of connector.php as per the thread http://ttyl.modx.com/thread/43550/comments-are-not-appearing-for-moderation-in-the-manager#dis-post-390930
    At the time of posting there is an unapproved comment at http://www.robpackerphotography.com/blog/2011/usa-jackson

Any help in solving this would be appreciated.
    Rob [ed. note: robinqld last edited this post 12 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 38 Posts
      Hi Rob,

try to add &disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn=`0` to your QuipReplay call. I think I had the same problem and added this parameter to the call and it worked. You can also use &disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn=`1` if you don't want to see recaptcha when you are logged in. Hopefully that will fix it smiley [ed. note: waivor last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
        • 81 Posts
        Thanks Waivor!
        reCaptcha is now working, problem one solved - very much appreciated.

The non-appearance of comments in the Quip component manager doesn't seem to be isolated to my website, and I can't find any answers. If anyone has any further wisdom, or some source of calls that appear to be undocumented I'd be glad to know.

Another issue is that the call does not use the tpl I created for comments. Here's my tpl if that can help:
        [[+preview]]
        <span class="quip-success" id="quip-success-[[+idprefix]]">[[+successMsg]]</span>

<form id="quip-add-comment-[[+idprefix]]" action="[[+url]]#quip-comment-preview-box-[[+idprefix]]" method="post">
        <div class="quip-comment quip-add-comment">
            <input type="hidden" name="nospam" value="" />
            <input type="hidden" name="thread" value="[[+thread]]" />
            <input type="hidden" name="parent" value="[[+parent]]" />
            <input type="hidden" name="auth_nonce" value="[[+auth_nonce]]" />
            <input type="hidden" name="preview_mode" value="[[+preview_mode]]" />

<div class="quip-fld">
              <h5>  <label for="quip-comment-name-[[+idprefix]]">[[%quip.name? &namespace=`quip` &topic=`default`]]:<span class="quip-error">[[+error.name]]</span></label>
                <input type="text" name="name" id="quip-comment-name-[[+idprefix]]" value="[[+name]]" />
                </h5><br />
            </div>

<div class="quip-fld">
            <h5><label for="quip-comment-email-[[+idprefix]]">[[%quip.email]]:<span class="quip-error">[[+error.email]]</span></label>
                <input type="text" name="email" id="quip-comment-email-[[+idprefix]]" value="[[+email]]" />
                </h5><br /><br /><br />
            </div>   

<h5><span class="quip-allowed-tags">[[%quip.allowed_tags? &tags=`[[++quip.allowed_tags:htmlent]]`]]</span>[[%quip.comment_add_new]]<span class="quip-error">[[+error.comment]]</span></h5>
            <h5><textarea name="comment" id="quip-comment-box-[[+idprefix]]" rows="5">[[+comment]]</textarea></h5>
             <br />
            <div class="quip-fld recaptcha">
            [[+quip.recaptcha_html]]
            </div>

<button type="submit" name="[[+preview_action]]" value="1">[[%quip.preview]]</button>      
            [[+can_post:is=`1`:then=`<button type="submit" name="[[+post_action]]" value="1">[[%quip.post]]</button>`]]

<br class="clear" />
        </div>
        </form>

Thanks again.

Rob
          • 38 Posts
          Hi Rob,

are you still using the 2.0.4 version of Quip or the new 2.1.0 rc1 version?
            • 81 Posts
            Hi Waivor,
            I've updated to v2.1.0 but still no joy. reCaptcha is showing & works, but I don't get any emails. I tried making a comment using another browser (Chrome) and the page displays
            "Your comment has been submitted, and is now awaiting moderation. You will receive an email when your comment has been approved."

However, no emails are received either by me as admin, nor as the person making the comment - and I did use a separate email address.

Until I work this out commenting will have to stay off sad

Rob
              • 38 Posts
              Hi Rob,

during a Quip update the cms asks you for an email adress. Did you entered your correct email adress into all 3 input boxes? You can check this in the system settings. Did you checked your spam filter?
                • 81 Posts
                Hi Waivor,
                thanks for the continued support.

I've checked & the three correct email addresses are there. No email in the spam filter.

Are there any snippets / plugins known to conflict with Gallery?

Rob
                  • 38 Posts
                  Hi Rob,

Are there any snippets / plugins known to conflict with Gallery?
                  Nope, don't think so.

However, no emails are received either by me as admin, nor as the person making the comment - and I did use a separate email address.
                  So the person making the comment didn't received anything when you set the comment online? That means modx / Quip doesn't send any emails, right? But other snippets like Formit send mails?
                    • 81 Posts
                    Hi Waivor,
                    Formit is sending emails - but I am using maths for anti-spam on my contact form.

That means modx / formit is sending emails, but modx / quip isn't.

The head-scratching continues ...
                      • 38 Posts
                      Hi Rob,

At the moment there are a few more fixes for Quip. For example, yesterday a new version came out. Perhaps we should wait for all the corrections and then check everything again.

I keep an eye on your problem. Maybe I can figure something out. [ed. note: waivor last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]