We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 680 Posts
    It’s hard to say how much weight keywords have with major search engines these days. Some say none others say a little. However, it is known that there are a few engines out there that still put a lot of weight on meta keywords, so I agree with you that it is a good idea. It’s something I’ve been thinking I should go back to some of my pages and doing but I just don’t know if it’s really worth my time.

Somebody has already developed a snippet for using keywords to generate a list of related content.
    http://etomite.org/browsesnippets.html?int_snipid=17&lst_category=0
    Oops, turns out you can’t link directly to the snippets. It’s in the Menus & Navigation category on Etomite.org, the name is ListRelated.

It may be something that we want to reproduce in some manner or another.
      • 680 Posts
      Yea, I caught that just a minute after I posted it. I’ve edited my original post with the information to get to it.
        • 3,975 Posts
        Thanks aNoble !

Much appreciated, deleted my post when saw time difference... lol

Regards,

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 1,732 Posts
          Well said giys.

Pont,

TVs are not restricted to just the document. You can use "any" TV inside your templates. For example [*introtext*]

Here’s hoe the you can create your own meta tags and keywords:

<meta name="description" content="[*description*]" />

<meta name="description" content="[*introtext*]" />

<meta name="keywords" content="[*keywords*]" />

<meta name="keywords" content="[*longtitle*]" />

xWisdom
            www.xwisdomhtml.com
            The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
            MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
            • 180 Posts
            Well, I’m thinking way ahead of time, but my goal is to rebuild and reorganize a site for my employer that contains several hundred pages. Today we use a Lotus Domino db with a cms on top for web publishing that stinks. There are 20-30 people in different roles that update the content. The knowledge of html, css, scripting, web standards etc is low to non existent. I don’t really think they will buy my solution but I’m having fun and learning in the process. For the project to be even remotely possible I need a cms that can handle large site structures and is simple to learn and understand for an inexperienced user. I haven’t delved into the roles/groups functionality in MODx much but it seems extensive enough. I like what I see here!

Now, xwisdom, to get to my point. I understand what you’re telling me but I don’t like the prospect of using a field saying "Longtitle" for keywords. The chance for confusion is too great. And I loose that fields intended function.

I like Bravados reasoning. Setting global keywords is a good thing and setting a few other keywords on a per page basis is a good complement.
              • 372 Posts
              Quote from: Bravado at Aug 01, 2005, 02:13 PM

There could be an option added to the configuration to ’Automatically use all keywords for every page’ or something along that lines. That way, every new page will have the new keywords checkbox already selected when you first publish a page. This is very similar to the way you can select to have every new page automatically published or cached.

Another way we could enhance the functionality is to have page by page keywords. This way you can add a few targetted keywords that are specific to a page along with the global keywords.

Any developments or work arounds for this yet?

Cheers.
                [img]http://www.emanz.ac.nz/assets/images/logo/emanz-icon_16x16.gif[/img] Emergency Management Academy of New Zealand [br] http://www.emanz.ac.nz[br][br]MODx Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle [br]
                Admin Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle
                • 1,495 Posts
                Yes, use TV or default vars from MODx.
                  Wendy Novianto
                  [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                  [font=Verdana]Xituz Media