We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 111 Posts
    I think it's hard to get overall picture and 'we' are in need of better documentation wink a guide or tutorial ...
      ---
      Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. Martin Golding
    • I took the task of creating a Formbuilder UI that relies on FormIt and FormItFastPack. There seem to be only one problem, there is no way to set default for select, radio and checkbox fields.
      • @khyrlik: It would be great if I could get a page for FFP at the MODX extras docs, but no one seems to reply to my requests about that. Failing that, I'll put up better examples when I have time somewhere else.
          WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
        • @Silent Works: This was a bug I discovered recently. It's fixed in the latest GitHub version, but not yet in the repository. Use the parameter &default_value to set the default, and let me know if you have any trouble.

The fieldSetDefaults snippet can also now reset the defaults with &resetDefaults.

Here is the repository link: https://github.com/yoleg/formitfastpack

Also, let me know if you want more features in the existing snippets. I use FormitFastPack on all of my sites, so I develop it fairly frequently.
            WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
          • I have tested the git version and it works great. I will log anymore issues I have in the issue tracker on github.

Thanks for that yoleg. Can you push a new package for this please, I need it to be available before I can release my Extra.
            • For those who were asking for a FormBuilder UI that works with FormItFastPack, here you go.

https://github.com/downloads/silentworks/formz/formz-1.0.0-beta1.transport.zip

This will be available via the Package Management system in MODX soon.

Note: you need to use the Github version of FormItFastPack in order for this to function correctly, until yoleg releases the next version of FormItFastPack.
              • Sorry for the delay. I am fixing a bug I just found and am testing to make sure there are no other bugs in this version before release. The new version should be in the package manager today.
                • OK, the new package is out. Please test Formz with the repository version of FFP before releasing, because I made a few tweaks since the GitHub version you used.
                  • From a quick look, Formz looks great. Just a quick suggestion: add a textarea option to the field form where you can enter a JSON array of options to pass to the field snippet. Then use $modx->fromJSON to parse it into the snippet properties you pass to field.

For example
                    {"note":"Your email will not be published.", "class":"cleardefault"}

This way you can take advantage of most of the field snippet capabilities, including custom placeholders.
                    • This is a good suggestion, but I am not sure it will be added. I am trying to keep the UI as simple as possible for clients and not just developers. Currently even using the
                      Name==name||People==people

is complicated enough, which I am going to address in a later version to give the user a more wufoo form feel. [ed. note: easylancer last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]