We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • So the solution is to replace any lines that use the mb_ereg function so they use the ereg counterpart. You can’t just update the system setting.

For example, see how I’ve commented out the mg_ereg line and force the $condition to use the ereg function:

//        $condition = $this->config['use_multibyte'] ? @mb_ereg($pattern,$value) : @ereg($pattern, $value);
    		$condition = @ereg($pattern, $value);

Once I did that, it worked.

Gotta file a bug / feature request for this weird scenario.

I think I need to recompile PHP with the "--disable-mbregex" option omitted.
      • 24,544 Posts
      The reason it was so hard to find is that the @ sign prefix on the function call suppresses error reporting.

Kudos for getting to the bottom of it. cool
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Yeah, that rocked about 4 hours out of my morning to find that thing, but I found it eventually. I’m not a fan of using "@" to suppress warnings. To boot, the PHP logging on my server is whacked. Undefined function warnings are not logged (?!?). I’m working with the sysadmins on that one. Scripts like
        <php print fdasadfsfasfas(); ?>
        are not showing up in my error logs, which didn’t help my cause any.

I did file a bug report:
        http://bugs.modx.com/issues/4487
          • 4 Posts
          I get a page refresh if I’m on the same browser, logged in as Admin Super User to the manager. If I use another browser and try to submit anonymously, it works.

So Admin Super Users can’t use Register when logged in.. lol.. So much for the "SUPER".

Is there a way to fix this?
            • 24,544 Posts
            Quote from: davidkahn at May 12, 2011, 05:11 AM

I get a page refresh if I’m on the same browser, logged in as Admin Super User to the manager. If I use another browser and try to submit anonymously, it works.

So Admin Super Users can’t use Register when logged in.. lol.. So much for the "SUPER".

Is there a way to fix this?

That’s the equivalent to "previewing" from the Manager. It’s a weird situation, permission and profile wise. Are you sure it’s a problem in real life, since real users won’t be logged into the Manager?
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 834 Posts
              HELP

I'm getting the dreaded blank email.

Everything else is working fine.

I saw this item in the Tute
              The cause is almost certainly that you do not have a Chunk by the name listed for the &activationEmailTpl parameter. The default install of the Login package uses a Chunk named lgnActivateEmailTpl, whereas the tutorial here used one named ActivateEmailTpl.

So I tried creating a new chunk called ActivateEmailTpl. and I still got a blank email.

I've tried 7 different variations with no luck.

As I'm not a programmer can someone please tell me what I need to do?

Many thanks.
                Content Creator and Copywriter
                • 834 Posts
                OK,

I tried changing the original template calll to lgnActivateEmailTpl and that's worked

IE
                &activationEmailTpl=` lgnActivateEmailTpl`

Not sure why it wouldn't work previously when I created a new ActivateEmailTpl template though.

Someone enlighten me so that I'm not completely stumbling around in the dark here.

Happy daze.
                • Maybe because lgnActivateEmailTpl and ActivateEmailTpl are two different names? Typos and forgotten template chunks are my specialty... :~}
                    Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                    "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                    Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                    • 834 Posts
                    @Frogabog,

I know that, that's why I created new chunks and changed the names.

It still doesn't explain why it didn't work the other way around.

Sorry if you didn't understand my explanation.
                    • It's almost certain to be a typo of some sort, somewhere. If you create new chunks and change the template again, do you still get a blank email?

I didn't understand the explanation correctly, sorry.
                        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster