We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • @charliez We haven’t planned on an RC2 unless there is some significant reason to do so. Features are locked and we are doing an RC for languages and to provide time to ensure the most popular Add-ons/Extras have any compatibility issues resolved prior to the PL. I’d start translating now assuming there won’t be an RC2.

@Daniel, sorry, when I was editing to take out the "pt" I took out the "br" by mistake. Fixed Thanks

Again, we’ll be setting up a dedicated Translation Team Page where there will be a single point of reference for all translation team leaders.

Thanks for your feedback folks.

Jay
      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
      • 964 Posts
      Thanks Jay, I’ll finish it by the weekend...
        MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
        • 964 Posts
        Should we attach the translations to TIcket 2881 even though
        it says that it is for 2.0.5 translations?

or do somebody want to teach me how to put them up using GIT?

• 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: charliez at Mar 30, 2011, 08:42 PM

Should we attach the translations to TIcket 2881 even though
          it says that it is for 2.0.5 translations?

I’ve updated the post to point to the real ticket: http://bugs.modx.com/issues/4216
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 181 Posts
            enigmatic_user Reply #15, 13 years ago
            Quote from: charliez at Mar 30, 2011, 08:42 PM

You’ll find some material in the MODX documentation:

Using Git and GitHub
            Community Contributor’s Guide

Cheers,
            Jan
              This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.
              • 964 Posts
              Thanks guys!

• We are checking also the Italian translation and we’ll send you soon.

Just a question: I’ve seen that other latin translations use the accents: à, è, é, ecc...

Is it better to keep the accented letter or to use the html code,

in other words: à or à ?...
                  TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
                  website
                  • 181 Posts
                  enigmatic_user Reply #18, 13 years ago
                  Quote from: pandro at Apr 01, 2011, 09:27 AM

Is it better to keep the accented letter or to use the html code,

in other words: à or à ?...
                  As UTF-8 is used throughout the whole system, you should use the normal letters, not the HTML entities. In your editor, you should enable UTF-8 encoding.

Cheers,
                  Jan
                    • 181 Posts
                    enigmatic_user Reply #19, 13 years ago
                    Quote from: smashingred at Mar 30, 2011, 12:47 AM

@charliez We haven’t planned on an RC2 unless there is some significant reason to do so. Features are locked and we are doing an RC for languages and to provide time to ensure the most popular Add-ons/Extras have any compatibility issues resolved prior to the PL. I’d start translating now assuming there won’t be an RC2.
                    As it seems, we now have RC3, and the deadline has changed to April 18th, 2011. There are some new or changed phrases, too.

It would have been nice if this had been mentioned in this thread, too, because then those who have chosen to subscribe to this thread would have been notified by e-mail. I thought there wouldn’t be any changes before the release of 2.1.0-pl, so it’s pure luck that I stumbled upon the linked announcement. I’m very busy at the moment, so I can’t investigate the current state of development on a daily basis, and I guess I’m not alone.

I’m looking forward to the "dedicated Translation Team Page" you mentioned. wink

Cheers,
                    Jan
                    • Thanks Jan!
                      I was quite relaxing too with translation...

I agree that it would be best to have been notified about changes,
                      anyway no problem smiley

...looking forward to the "dedicated Translation Team Page" you mentioned. wink

TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
                        website