We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 390 Posts
    Actually, having checked a couple of my own forms, the order is fine, and the errTpl is probably a red herring too. To my untutored eye it simply looks like the form isn’t being redrawn - which might simply require the success message or the redirect hook to give it a kick.

Another thing to check (usually, but not in this case) is that your CSS has a .error class and doesn’t hide it.
      Writer > E-consultant > MODx developer || Salesforce || modx 2.x || PHP 5.2.13 || MySQL client 5.0.86
      • 607 Posts
      My first suggestion has nothing to do with your problem smiley but you should remove/mask your email address from your forum post, you’re just inviting spam smiley

• 4 Posts
        Hi Odeclas and Einsteinsboi,

Thank you both for your helpful suggestions. I just figured out the problem! I stupidly had a Javascript running on the contact form div from a previous form I had been implementing there. Very sloppy not to have removed that before!

The error messages are being displayed now, and the form is submitting correctly.

The only thing I have to figure out now is how to show the errors, as pressing the submit button reloads the page without the collapsible div expanded. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks again guys.

P.S.

I have removed my email address from my previous post - thank you for that suggestion!