We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • And the location tv has a value for the resources you’re including?

What output type are you using for the location tv?
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
    • Quote from: Mark at Feb 21, 2011, 05:44 PM

And the location tv has a value for the resources you’re including?

it had values before the other manager unchecked and save the TV access for that template.

Very Sorry for troubling, thank you for this assume.
      Cheers!
        modx and ecommerce pro
        • 20 Posts
        @Mark H.:
        in your example for the rssItem chunk at http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/getResources.Building+a+RSS+feed you propose to use the htmlent outputfilter for the pagetitle.
        I’ve used this, and it turns out it breaks the IE rss reader when there are named html entities present. This seems logical, because after all the RSS feed is XML, without any reference to a html dtd.
        I think it would be better not to use the htmlent outputfilter on the pagetitle, or use a custom outputfilter which produces numbered (hexa)decimal entities.
        • Thanks for reporting that, removed it from the docs.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 11 Posts
            Hi folks,

I know this one is fairly old but I've got a problem.

Inside the rssItem chunk: why does this
            [[~[[+id]]]]

and this
            [[+parent]]

work like a charm, while this
            [[~[[+parent]]]]

does not? At least for me it doesn't. It results in an empty output.

The parent id however is retrieved correctly. Only the link creation does not work. Not even with ...? &scheme=`full`. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!
            • I was looking at the tutorial here to build my rss feed and it wouldn't validate using the given chunk template
              http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/getResources.Building+a+RSS+feed

What I found was that the htmlent output modifier was the problem.
              <title>[[+pagetitle:htmlent]]</title>

I just deleted it and then it worked...
                Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
                • 1 Posts
                artem_klevtsov Reply #17, 9 years ago
                I provided working example for the atom feed below. This code pass the [W3C feed validator test](http://validator.w3.org/feed/).

Resource Content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                <feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
                  <title>[[++site_name]]</title>
                  <subtitle>[[*longtitle:htmlnet]]</subtitle>
                  <link href="[[~[[*id]]? &scheme=`full`]]" rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" />
                  <link href="[[++site_url]]" />
                  <id>[[~[[*id]]? &scheme=`full`]]</id>
                  <updated>[[*editedon:strtotime:date=`%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ`]]</updated>
                  <rights>CC BY 4.0</rights>
                  [[getResources?
                    &tpl=`entryTpl`
                    &parents=`3`
                    &resources=`-10`
                    &depth=`5`
                    &limit=`25`
                    &includeContent=`1`
                    &includeTVs=`1`
                    &showHidden=`1`
                    &hideContainers=`1`
                  ]]
                </feed>

Template for the entry

<entry>
                  <title>[[+pagetitle:htmlent]]</title>
                  <link rel="alternate" href="[[~[[+id]]? &scheme=`full`]]" />
                  <summary>
                    [[+introtext:default=`[[+content:ellipsis=`600`:striptags:escape]]`]]
                  </summary>
                  <updated>[[+editedon:strtotime:date=`%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ`]]</updated>
                  <published>[[+publishedon:strtotime:date=`%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ`]]</published>
                  <id>[[~[[+id]]? &scheme=`full`]]</id>
                  <author>
                    <name>[[+createdby:userinfo=`fullname`]]</name>
                    <email>[[+createdby:userinfo=`email`]]</email>
                  </author>
                  <rights>CC BY 4.0</rights>
                </entry>

header entry

<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Follow this website with Atom feed" href="[[~14]]">